Co8 Mod Pack 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Nov 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

Nice work co8:rock:

All this for the love of D&D:kiss: thanks alot you have made an average game very good.:clap:

2. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

awesome job gang it's so nice to be part of a group that actually takes action instead of the easier option(complaining and saying"i wish.....)

now if i can get a talented low level programmer to help with the gui /dll mods for adding another class i might get somewhere..for 4.5

(got a working button on the char class selection page but it doesnt do anything expect look cute right now..)

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Did you install one of the release candidates before installing the final version? What options did you choose (Desperate Housewives, ShopMap etc.)? Are you using Ted's PC Voices?

4. aland

aland Member

I really really love this mod, and really really love you guys!
    You ARE SO GREAT!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    However, can anyone add some edit tools next time? For example, a Temple-Keeper......?

5. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

No release candidates, I've gone both ways on the options with the same result, and I'm not using the PC voices.

6. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

My new spells of course ( tada!) Okay, with all the flux and unfurling over the last while I have not known what was what and where we were and to what files I should remain faithful. I have been steadily modding nonetheless. Now with an official release I can begin building my own release. Spells done: Analyze Dweomer, Mordenkainen's Sword, Iron Body, Protection From Spells, Tenser's Transformation, All the mass buff and heal spells, Limited Wish, Wish, Weird.

Working on: Wall of fire, Power words, Prismastic Spray (still), Prismatic Wall, Prismatic Sphere, The Bigby's Hand spells ( I know I said before that they didn't work with the way ToEE the crpg was set up but I have thought of some work arounds), Repulsion, Incendiary Cloud, Delayed Blast Fireball (adding to Allyx' refinements) and Maze.

For the spells with choices I have come up with a way of setting options using the console before the spell is cast. It will require that the user knows how to access the console, and can type in commands from there. It is kludgy but it is the best solution I can come up with right now.

I also have an idea ( and it is only an idea right now) about how to make things like Tenser's Floating Disc and Bags of Holding work.

For the other modders: if you want to set a condition on an item use item_condition_ add_with args; obj_get_int and obj_set_int can be useful (check out my new spells); in regard to the last 2 functions mentioned I think they can be very useful as they should be the gateway to everything about the objects used in ToEE, I just haven't figured out how yet (and I could be wrong.)

Anyway, look for a release of my spells by midnight MST Monday November 7, 2005.

Darmagon

P.S In case it might be useful here is a ToEE list I found from a post many moons ago.

Attached Files:

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hey Darmagon, THAT'S GREAT - you get the power word stuff working AND all those other spells? That's just cool, How about I make you some scrolls to go with them eh?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  8. Daemonward

Daemonward Member

I was just on my way to Nulb, when I came across a caravan, ruthlessly slaughtered by the gnolls that I allowed to leave the moathouse. Now there is no escape from the scene of the crime.:scratchhe

The world map is inaccessible and there are no exits to be found. I seem to recall that liv was planning to fix this in her next version, but since that probably won't be happening...:help:

9. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

My CTD problem is Toffee-related. The non-Toffee version of 4.0.0 runs fine.

Come to think of it, isn't .NET a bit flaky on Win98 systems?

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ demonward, check this out, it's a quote fron the common issues and solutions thread.

Stuck in the middle with the sacked caravan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptom: I'm using Liv's mod, and suddenly I find myself on a map with a caravan of people that have been slaughtered by gnolls. But no matter what I do, I can't exit the map! Why?

Solution: (Quoting Shiningted, with our deepest thanks)

Quote:
    Open the console by hitting shift-~ and type in

from utilities import * <hit enter>

then type in

game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5001,624,301) <hit enter>

That'll drop u back in Hommlet, outside Frank's house.

Alternately, Allyx has created a temporary fix for this bug. Download it here .

Now this word from Allyx:

Quote:
    Here is a temporary fix for this problem, It'll teleport you back to homlett after the last line of the dying woman's dialogue.

Drop it in the data/dlg folder and overwrite the old one.

11. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Game was going fine. Was in level 2 and went to the safehouse in Nulb and CTD? Killed both traders so no asassins. Had been in/out several times before. Finally, i had to delete and re-install. Now i can't get the front end to work. Lot's of different errors. Re-installed and now i get application errors and cave_short. mp3 error? I have no clue here. I've re-installed 3 times now and I know i'm doing it right. Atari 2, .NET, etc. It worked fine before.I'm lost and confused.

12. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Did you remember to deactivate the module before uninstalling?

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

George, I got that same error reference to the cave mp3 after reinstalling one of the release candidates without deactivating the module first, like Cerulean says. That's probably what's happening with you. There's a button to deactivate modules in Toffee.

I also had problems with the house in Nulb causing CTDs long before Co8 4. I suspect that's just a garden variety case of save corruption. Sorry, that means ditch that save and try an earlier one.

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I went back and deactivated the mod, reinstalled from this thread and it launched okay but I got the 511 magicmissle thing, no looting and humble npc doesn't work. Am in process of starting from scratch again.

15. Orrin Oakenshield

Orrin Oakenshield Member

Hey! I got that 511 Magic Missile thing & the NPC's gettiing greedy, too!
    But I found out why...when I went to activate the game, I did not change which mod I wanted in the Toffee start screen so I was playing the origional game...seems like the patches were not active.
    This Ol' Dwarf is a bit relieved to know that he is not the only one with a few goofy bugs around here...( now where did that can of Raid go to...)

Our Host!