KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Thanks Ted

2. sonofliberty

I hope it was right to overwrite the existing file.

3. sonofliberty

Ok, so no more KOS. I should have rescued Geoffrey's cousin first though since he won't talk to me now and I can't get the helm of read magic for free. No big deal, just need to do a quick restart and redo it.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

He should react to you rescuing his cousin independant of the rep (it's a pretty big good deed to wipe your slate clean) so I'll fix that for the next release.

5. sonofliberty

I can try that before restarting.

6. Shiningted

No, I'm saying he should, not that he does ;) Test it by all means and let us know.

EDIT: Actually the test for if Reynard is in the party comes before the reaction check, so yes, it should work (clever Sitra for thinking of that). So please do test :wave:

7. sonofliberty

Yes, he does talk to me and give me the helm.

8. Shiningted

Thanks for testing (yay we got one right!) Can I just ask, does he continue to talk to you, indicating he's got a good reaction bonus from doing the quest?

9. sonofliberty

Absolutely. He continues trading with me as if nothing has happened.

On a related note, how can I again access the thieves guild HQ? I can't find a secret door where I came out. I even went back and retried the sewer door, but can't find one there either. Is it just a matter of skill levels?

On an unrelated issue, after I get the crossbow book and make the sonic damage crossbow I cannot further enchant it to add pluses to hit and damage. It does not show up on my list of enhanceable items. Additionally all versions of the crossbows created via the book have resale values of 3 cp.

10. Shiningted

Yeah, I forgot to give them prices (calculating such things is not my strong point). Not sure why it can't be enchanted but presumably it's a flag I forgot to set somewhere. I'll fix it.

You can only get back into the Theives' Guild if you do their quests and become a member: if you just kill them all it's a one way trip.

11. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have activated 8.1.0 NC for TOEE but one thing has been nagging me....

At the beginning for KotB, there was a door to the right of the gate guards....

I think it said it was to the cemetery....

Is there any way to get in there?

I could be hallucinating (it has happened before).

12. swanman999

swanman999 Member

Remove Curse not working on Cursed Luckstone.

My 5th Lvl Cleric casts on Sorcerer with that item. Is this a lvl difference thing? In the walkthrough, it was hinted that you could remove the cursed item, "in the usual way".

PS, Really enjoying the MOD, thanks for all your hard work!

13. Shiningted

There you go, that's a 'confirm' for problems with the cursed luckstone but Gazra has also got it to work (it did work once, I know because I was the tester). But not always, apparently. I'll test it out.

EDIT: The graveyard gate is to the far LEFT: there was a door to the far right once a upon a time (a door down to the Spider Woods for memory) but that was only for testing. The main gate is unfogged, I think? Have a look by all means, or see pic below.

2nd EDIT: Ok, the 'Remove Curse' spell was hacked way back in 2008 to deal with the Cursed Luckstone. And it was hacked wrongly. It looks like I wrote the additional bit in 'Break Enchantment', where it looks like it works, tested it, then just copy-pasted into 'Remove Curse' without idiosyncretising it correctly. :yawn:

3rd EDIT: You know, I don't believe this damn Remove Curse spell works at all. It's format is very peculiar to behold. Identical to the ToEE version: I tried casting Bestow Curse on a member of my party then Remove Curse and it did nothing. Let's see if Dolio et al did anything about it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re. the worldmap slowdown issue
    Thanks, sorry for replying late, but the save does indeed demonstrate the problem. However, I couldn't trace a root cause from those saves, and it doesn't seem directly related to Korrac.

I did notice that deleting a particular party member (Sunfire; e.g. by dismissing from the party pool, or using game.party[2].destroy() ) solves the issue. And vice versa, even if he's the only one left in the party, stripped of all equipment, I still get the slowdown. Giving him the "Jaroo" treatment (kill and resurrect) doesn't solve it either. Maybe some kind of subtle corruption?

TRC, can you recall doing anything out of the ordinary with that PC?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  15. sonofliberty

The apothecary has disappeared. I was starting the poison quest when I noticed he was gone. The captain gets stuck in a loop because he is gone. Is this part of the game? I tried to do the raiding the trading quest, but could never get past the priest. I decided to let it go and try the poison quest, but with the apothecary mia, I can't finish it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!