Demons and Demigods CTD

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gubbie, Aug 12, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gubbie

Gubbie Member

Firstly, I'm playing 7.8 nc.

I'm fighting the 4 balors and I cannot avoid it CTD. I've tried a dozen times if not more and the closest I've ever gotten was that the crash happened when the last balor died.
    Every crash happens when a balor dies.

Is there anything I can do to my settings to improve the odds of not crashing?

I've never experiences a CTD when the balor in the firenode dies, so it came as a surprise to find out that this is a common enough CTD.

2. Gubbie

Gubbie Member

bump

doesn't anyone have any idea of how I can solve this problem? It would be nice to see the ending of the game with everything.

3. dinelendarkstar

dinelendarkstar Member

I am having the same issue with 8.0.1. Every time the Balor on the bottom right dies I get a CTD.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Could you post the save game where the CTD happens?

Please remember there are three files that make up a save game, a .co8 file, a .tfaf file and a .tfai file.

And welcome to the forum dinelendarkstar.

5. dinelendarkstar

dinelendarkstar Member

When the Balor Wedonai (the one on the bottom right side of screen in the battle) dies the crash occurs. It doesn't matter what other Balors are on the map it only happens when he dies. I have killed him by spell, by melee and by ranged, all the same CTD. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am revisiting this game and the co8 content. Played it years ago and never got to fully finish the game and love all the newer stuff that has been added. Hope to see more of Verb and hope that there will be even more quests coming. Never have made it all the way to 20th level and would love to have more content to play through in future releases.

Win Vista Ultimate
    Running as Admin.

I have followed all the tips for preventing game bugs and don't use console commands.

Attached Files:

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thanks for the save, unfortunately it crashes when I try to load it...

7. sunspear732

sunspear732 Archmage of Greyhawk

LOL

Um, where is this Balor (I just started the modded version, so I havent even cleared the moathouse)? And, if I may, is there a way to forego the death of this Balor (since it never seems to kill anyone on here)?

8. sunspear732

Btw what is a CTD?

9. sunspear732

Oh nvm I shouldve guessed.... *facepalm* its A Crash To Desktop right? Well there have been quite a few of those in my gaming history :L

Our Host!