Problem with Jaroo

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Nov 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Several members of my party are suffering from a permanent acid fog spell. So I go to Jaroo to take care of the spell permanency. First time I go, I ask Jaroo remove the spell permanency on Elmo. He kills Elmo, but doesn't automatically raise or reincarnate him. So I pay for a resurrection and Elmo returns to life, but minus several thousand xp. That's not the way this is supposed to work. So I reload and visit Jaroo again. This time I ask him to remove the permanent spell on Spugnoir. Jaroo kills Spugnoir and raises him for free. So Spugnoir lives again, no spell problems and not missing any xp. But the free raise doesn't happen for any other characters in my party. I had Jaroo kill Elmo and my PC Barbarian, but neither raises for free and if I pay Jaroo for a resurrection, my characters loss thousands of xp. Is there a solution for this?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Does casting the spell Restoration restore some if not all of the lost XP from resurrection?

3. vectner

vectner Member

I had the same thing happen to my fighter PC. He had a permanent slow and I had Jaroo "fix" him, but he didn't raise him afterwards and I had the xp penalty

4. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

This is by no means a proven fix.

I would try switching Elmo into the same character slot Spunior was in. Maybe the script will recognize it better or something....

5. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

Hey, I took your suggestion and switched Elmo into the spot that Spugnoir had. Went back to Jaroo and this time he killed and raised Elmo with no loss of experience. But this didn't work for my 2 PC's with spell permanency problems. Tried switching them into the same spot, but Jaroo didn't raise them automatically and they still lost experience. The restoration spell only returns some of the experience lost. Any other suggestions??

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

After one correct raising, try to save (in a new slot), then exit the game and reload. The more your other character into the slot and try again, something running in the background of the game is keeping track of something that interferes with Jaroo fixing everyone.

7. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I've tried several times with a different character in the spot that workded for Elmo and Spugnoir, but that doesn't do it. Still can't get rid of the permanent spells on my PC's without killing them and losing several thousand xp. Jaroo worked fine for my NPC's, but not my PC's.

Our Host!