Crafting Items with Holy

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Philip, May 6, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Something I've noticed which seems a bit odd, I searched the forums for other mentions of it and nowhere else quite touches on this subject, so I'm wondering if it's just me or this is "Normal"...

The Holy attribute can be crafted onto a weapon when you meet the requirements, but doesn't show up afterwards. Similarly, weapons that are already Holy don't show this attribute as being present in the "Craft weapons and armour" window if selected.

Instead, there is a blank/invisible line that is present where "Holy" would or should be. The Holy enchantment appears to work, and you can still work with the item normally, it just doesn't actually say it's Holy on the enchantment window.

I first noticed this when I went to enchant the dowry gift sword from +1 to +2..you know it's holy but the Holy doesn't show up.

In a more recent game where I actually had a cleric who could add the enchantment, I had some weapons enchanted to +2, then added Holy, then later went to add on the +3 and found that, while I could do it fine, same little problem, Holy doesn't show up, just a blank line, and +3 goes on fine underneath.

So it looks like;

+1
    +2
    Holy
    +3

'Tis a bit weird. I presume Unholy/Anarchic/Aximoatic would do the same though I've never added them. I do recall a certain double axe not actually saying "Unholy" on it though, even though it clear;y was.

Is this because the attributes have had to be added on by some special script as the game wasn't originally designed to cope with such enchantments? Or is something else going on...

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I've seen the same effect, but I think it just depends on who is doing the enchanting. When my wizards enchant, they can't see "Holy", but my clerics can. Conversely, my clerics can't see "Frost", but the wizards can. The same even goes for "+3" if the one enchanting isn't a 9th level caster.

3. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Interesting, I'll check and confirm that...

4. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Ah, that's exactly it. The attribute is invisible if the crafting character is not able to add that enchantment. Just checked on my Cleric who's a few caster levels lower than my Sorcerer,

The sorc can see +3 but can't see Holy
    Cleric can see Holy but can't see +3

All kind makes sense now :)

Our Host!