Extraplanar Chest

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rickenbacker, Oct 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

Not 100% sure what it's good for. I also found a couple of Extraplanar scrolls.

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

You missed an actual Extraplanar Chest as monster loot. If you want a spoiler, PM.

The chest is the Co8's answer to the Bag of Holding problem. Create or find the Extraplar Chest Miniature and you'll be able to conjure a full sized chest from the radial menu. You can then load it up and send it away again. Call it back when you want to use or sell the stuff, and don't put any items you've created in there.

Very useful.

3. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

When I used extraplanar chest the first few times, it got to the point where I was unable to summon the chest. I think it was because I must have forgot to unsummon the chest in a particular area. Would it be possible to allow the extraplanar chest to be summoned again even if it was left in another area?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

you must remember to send it away after your done with it, as it will remain on the map you last summoned it on. you could use one of the scrolls to summon another minature chest, but it wouldn't contain any of the items you put in the first chest.

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Would it be possible to set the chest up so you could summon it if you forgot to send it away and just left it sitting somewhere? Yes it would, but it would only contain the items that were in it the last time you summoned it, not anything you put in it after you summoned it.

Am I going to make those changes? No. That would go against the whole idea of the Extraplanar Chest. The chest isn't supposed to teleport to you wherever you are. When you send it away, it goes to another plane to existence (the Ethereal Plane). When you summon it back, it comes back from that plane to wherever you are. If you don't send it away, you can't bring it back. This is not much of a problem unless you leave it on a random encounter map, you just have to remember where you last used it. If you do leave it on a random encounter map, it's gone for good.

6. grimbergen

grimbergen Member

Can someone enlighten me as to where to get it? I may have missed it... I have a few scrolls but no mini chest. thanks!

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Small hint: It's protected by a bunch of undead.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Early in the game :)

9. grimbergen

grimbergen Member

Found it! Thanks!

10. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

I know you guys don't like it when someone brings up an old thread but I found nothing relevant with the search button.

My question is simple: it's impossible to have TWO DISTINCT extraplanar chests, right?

I tried using the scroll when I already had the chest, and it did summon a second chest, only that it had the same content as the first. Am I right in guessing that's the way it's intended or was that a bug in my game? (I'm using 5 O 4)

Thanks! ;)

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes the question IS simple, the answer isn't...

As I haven't tried it myself, I'm not sure whether you can keep a second separate and completely different chest or not (your welcome to try it out of course), I'm not actually sure if summoning a second mini chest will bring back the first big chest, or create another chest, or simply do nothing at all. I didn't actually write the code for the chest, and CtB isn't around much at the moment...

...but from what Blue told me before, casting the extraplanar chest spell will summon the mini chest if you don't have one already, and it will summon the big chest if you do. It may be possible to get a second chest, but you'll have to cast the spell while you don't have the chest you already own in the casters possession (give the mini chest to someone else before casting).

12. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Okay now I have a problem with the Extraplanar Chest.

I summoned it from the mini after I dealt with the drow and the Witch and I think I left it there. When I try to return there through the letter my game CTD's. I cleared the pyc files before I started the game and it still does it.

Is there any way to fix this?

13. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

Thanks mate

Interesting, didn't know the scroll was actually supposed to get you a mini chest. Gotta try that, but I think I got 2 different chars using those items. I did get 2 big chests.

The thing is, those swords and scale armors keep coming and it seems even the Ethereal World is not enough! (maybe we should try and hum a door to the Hive, cutter?) :)

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

A lot of people seem to be having this problem.

Can I just say that while a fix for it will be done soon enough, people are not MEANT to back to the Gnarley Woods map. You go there, you survive or not, then you move on. The map that leads you there should be destroyed on arrival and if that bit is not working properly atm, it will also be part of the fix.

And if you leave anything there... :shrug: Wave it bye-bye now :wave:

15. rks

rks Member

I did manage to get by the CTD of going to gnarley woods twice - all I had to do was to renumber my save-files (xxx0001.xxx --> xxx0002.xxx etc.) and it worked fine, but no drow and no witch.

Our Host!