misc items

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by VicOzzy, Jun 1, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. VicOzzy

VicOzzy Member

Hello dear masters of storytelling and minions,

Over my adventures on TOEE I've come across a variety of trinkets, gems, rings, and similar stuff.
    What do i do with it? Are these items just for sale or are they required in crafting items?

Thanks for your help!
    Vic

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Some trinkets might be quest items, if you are not sure about something, put it in one of the barrels in Homlett, or the well to hang onto them. Gems are just cash, sell them to the jeweler.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You also might want to give this thread a peek and examine section #11, gazra_1971 gives us some good info on many of the items that make you go ... Hunh?

CLICK HERE FOR THE GUIDE

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

No items are needed to craft items except when using the Craft Magic Arms & Armour feat (it's a radial menu option) to craft magical weapons and armour. Not only do you need a masterwork or magical weapon in order to be able to craft it into a more powerful magical weapon, you must also have the weapon enhanced with a high enough bonus (i.e. +1, +2, or +3) in order to be able to further enchant the weapon with certain magical properties. Your crafter also needs to be high enough level in order to add certain magical properties to masterwork or magical weapons or armour. You also need to be a certain character class or have a certain alignment and domains or know certain spells in order to be able to add certain magical proterties to masterwork or magical weapons and armour.

If you use the Craft Wondrous Item feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a wondrous item out of nothing.

If you use the Forge Ring feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a magical ring out of nothing.

If you use the Craft Wand feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a charged wand out of nothing.

If you use the Craft Rod feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a charged magical rod or staff out of nothing.

If you use the Brew Potion feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a magical potion out of nothing.

If you use the Scribe Scroll feat (it's a radial menu option), then it will create a spell scroll out of nothing.

You make the most money selling gems, jewellery, and magical items to merchants. Deep down in the Temple of Elemental Evil, you will come across 4 chests that have HUGE amounts of money in them, as well as a chair that you can loot a Gem Hoard from (worth ~45000 gold!)! If you rescue 2 important aristocrats who are trapped in the Temple of Elemental Evil, then you will later be rewarded by their emissaries with HUGE amounts of money!

Crafting items or buying magical items from merchants is incredibly expensive! You can and should buy a castle in Verbobonc from the banker (in the Silver Consortium) in Verbobonc for a whopping 100,000 gold! You will need to save up as much gold as you can to keep up with your exorbitant spending in the game.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. sirchet

Hey gazra_1971, have I said how much I like your guide? :notworthy

I reference it daily.

btw, are you aware that when you use the white color to high light your words that folks can't see those words when using the white background setting for this site?

It's kind of funny, like a spoiler is typed but you can't high light it. :)

6. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

Today I found a 'hill giant's rock' and a 'gnoll captain's helmet' which looks like a broad sword. The rock could be thrown by my dwarf when enlarged but sadly is a one hit(did33 dmg) wonder. I have yet to try the sword hat....probably won't work.

7. VicOzzy

VicOzzy Member

Indeed Sirchet, Garza's guide is quite extensive and thorough, very useful!
    Thanks for your work on that guide! =)

How about those items like 'Ragged note to Terjon' we find on Rainbow Rock (Emridy Meadows) or Lareth's diary/journal?
    Can we use or read them?
    (I get no cue about the note when i speak to Terjon, nor about the diary/journal...)

8. NulbTroll

NulbTroll Member

Letters and books and some 'others' need to be dragged to the 'use item' button in a characters inventory. This will open them up. You will sometimes get different dialogue options with such items in your possession.

9. sirchet

Actually, some of the books and or journals MUST be read in order to progress the extra content provided by Co8.

Lareth's journal is IMHO some very good writing and rather entertaining.

Our Host!