Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

If he is ok, that's good enough.

2. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

hello Ted!

hope everything is going fine for you,

can you give just a few words on the status, cause I hope you didn't abandon the project (plz keep my hope alive :roll: )

bye,
    Jean-Pierre
    Quebec, Canada

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sorry to put a damper on anyone's hopes, but here are some facts of the matter that should shed some light on the current status of KotB:

• Ted hasn't been at Co8.org in about five months.
    • The last update from him was on May 22, 2011, when he promised "news soon."
    • Ted hasn't checked in privately with anyone that I'm aware of.
    • The KotB dev forum has not been active in over a year.
    • I'm not personally aware of anything being done with the project, nor am I aware that anyone is working on it.
    • According to Ted's wife's blog, Ted is happily living out a husband-and-father-of-three-small-children existence in Sydney. There is never any mention made of KotB or Co8 that I've seen.
    To me, this means that until such time as Ted comes back here and formally says something to the contrary, you should all consider the project inactive. Sorry.

I would not normally presume to make any dev-level statements about KotB, but since the lights are basically out and no one's home, and since leaving things hanging as such makes Co8 look bad, I think this is the most prudent thing to do.

4. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

thx Gaear,

your statements: acurate --> your conclusion: unavoidable

makes me sad, but you're right

the demo is the best RPG I ever played... I really hoped this project could come trough

5. nanocylinder

nanocylinder Member

Well I for one am sad to hear this. I've been looking forward to this expansion, as Keep on the Borderlands was the first module I bought with the DnD Basic set about thirty years ago.

I realize that real life throws us issues that we don't like to deal with, and perhaps this is what happened with Ted? I only hope that he either posts here, or someone contacts him and gets from him an update or an explanation about the status or his abandonment of the project. If nothing else maybe he can release what he's made so far for others to follow up with.

I guess though that I will just have to be content with the demo. KotB brought back a lot of memories. I still hope that something can either be worked out or salvaged from what has happened so far.

/fingers_crossed

N

6. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

I never played the original PnP campaign and only played an early release of the mod (pre-patch) as I didn't want to spoil the experience for the final product. My initial impressions were highly favourable and I'm also greatly dissapointed that this mod never came to fruition.

I can fully understand how real life can get in the way of one's hobbies as well as how priorities can change with the joys and challenges that an additional family member can place in one's life.

That being said, it is strange that he did a Houdini on us though. While he doesn't owe us an explanation, it would be nice all the same :).

7. biobaba

biobaba Member

Hopefully this mod can be revived some how. Even just the Demo showed GREAT promise and was extremely fun to play with.

8. Badger-ude

Badger-ude The nonPnP gamer PoV

Glad to hear that he is well. It's a shame about the project but hopefully he will return one day. I did not play the entirity of the KotB demo, but what I did see was inspiring

9. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Another victim of parenthood disease. RIP, potentially the best RPG ever made.

10. Mensch86

Mensch86 Member

Aw man. Bummer. TKotB sounded like something special. Was he working on this all by himself? From following flashgame developpers blogs I can imagine that it's hard to keep things going when ur all alone.

11. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

yep, it's been more than a year now since last report from Ted (in which he said he had substancial progress), I would hope he releases what he had done... maybe some day

thanks Ted for the demo, it was great!!:thumbsup:

12. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Ted was the man. I have to admit that I have only messed around in the demo to look at the new art and music because I wanted to wait until it was finished. I also put off reading the module five years ago so I wouldn't spoil the game. I guess I'll be waiting some more :p although. The writing, art, music, and new gameplay additions look excellent.

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I fear Ted is being held hostage by small people with tear-away pants, (diapers) that are known to enslave and enthrall with a mere giggle.

May you rest in peace dear Ted.

14. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

That's a good one, Sirchet.:p yeah, real-life, understandable. I'd still wait for his return though. :)

15. Zoroastre

Zoroastre Member

Yes good one Sirchet! :thumbsup:

hey I think I'll keep posting from time to time so if ever Ted passes by he'll see that the interest is still alive for his great project.

Our Host!