Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausdoerrt, Dec 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hey gazra, that's unexpected that you didn't automatically transition to the normal Hommlet map after WotGS was completed. I'll have to check into it. In the meantime, you can teleport directly to the normal Hommlet map with this code:

Code:
    game.fade_and_teleport( 0,0,0,5001,480,480 )
    That will put you in the center of the regular Hommlet map.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following information applies to the Co8 Modpack 7.8.0 NC:

I applied the console code above, which caused my party to appear on the regular Hommlet map (where my party was able to use the World Map again). My party went into the Inn of the Welcome Wench, went upstairs, but Fireforge wasn't there. When my party exited the Inn of the Welcome Wench, my party appeared on the WotGS Hommlet map again (where I could hear explosions and see fires burning on buildings), and my party could no longer use the World Map, so my party was stuck on the WotGS Hommlet map again.

I exited the game, ran the game again, loaded my last saved game (where I hadn't used the console code above), entered the console code above, which caused my party to appear on the regular Hommlet map, then my party used the World Map to travel to the Moathouse Ruins, then my party used the World Map to travel back to Hommlet, where my party appeared on the WotGS Hommlet map (where I could hear explosions and see fires burning on buildings), and my party could no longer use the World Map, so my party was stuck on the WotGS Hommlet map again.

I've included my last saved game (before I ever used the console code above) below in case you want to test my game or check the current state of any global flags or variables in my game.

Attached Files:

3. Gaear

Yeah, I'm sure it's a flags/variables issue. The reason you keep going back to the WotGS map is that the game doesn't think it's completed somehow. So it's actually 'working' as intended. ;)

4. Gaear

gazra, you can end your troubles by consoling:

Code:
    game.global_vars[501] = 7
    After that, all doors will lead to the regular Hommlet map.

5. gazra_1971

long_description.mes has a typo in line 6655 (it should read "a harmonic"):

When the player completes the War of the Golden Skull: Attacker quest, Fireforge does not appear upstairs in the Inn of the Welcome Wench, so the player is unable to do any of Fireforge's quests or buy any of Fireforge's magical weapons and armour. ALL of Hommlet's inhabitants disappear from Hommlet, even Rannos Davl and Gremag, even though my party did not kill them during the War of the Golden Skull. My party was doing Gremag's quests, so my party was unable to complete Gremag's assassination quests because Armario disappeared from Hommlet, and Rannos Davl and Gremag disappeared also.

During the Moathouse Respawn, in the Gnarley Forest, the Drow Fighter did not act at all during the combat. The Drow Fighter did not move or attack in both turn 1 and turn 2 (see screenshots below).

After completing the War of the Golden Skull: Attacker, when my party returned to Verbobonc, all Verbobonc men and women initiate combat against my party on sight (see screenshot below) - when all of the characters in my party skip their turn during the combat, the Verbobonc men and women run off, which almost always ends combat and allows my party to continue moving around Verbobonc - but there was one instance where 2 Verbobonc men that had run off and disappeared in the first turn of combat did not cause the combat to end - my party was stuck in combat mode forever because the 2 Verbobonc men were invisible and could not be targeted, but their portraits were still in the combat queue at the top left of the screen - the 2 Verbobonc men were in between the Bazaar of the Bizarre and the building immediately to the north of it. This seems absolutely crazy and suicidal that Verbobonc men and women would initate combat against my party!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I wonder if by any chance was the fighter affected by what appears to be a cloud effect present?

Is that fog or stinking cloud I see in your shots?

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

- Help.tab entry on Greater Heroism should list spell duration as 1min/level. (note that the spell itself is implemented correctly)

- What Lies Beneath - you can question Boroquin twice, thus upping the evidence counter twice.

- Emridy Meadows has a texture mismatch for the night-time version of the Slavers' area

- Greater Invisibility short description says duration is 1min/level, while it's 1 round/level (again, it's implemented correctly, just need to fix the text)

FIXED

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

We may have to disagree on this one, Gazra. This was a deliberate spelling based on the fact that the emphasis in 'harmonic' is on the second syllable: that's right well grammer, that.

9. Sitra Achara

I'm seeing a sharp upturn in crashes in 7.9NC (having also recently played 7.8NC quite a bit without a hitch). Usually happens on 'transitions' - entering a new map, changing UI, playing a movie etc. (i.e. never completely out of the blue).
    And after a few crashes, it will even start to crash on startup, at the loading screen, at a particular stage (when the loading bar is about 75% full).
    I'll try re-activating the module, but that has been my experience so far...

10. Sitra Achara

There is a graphical glitch in some of the Hommlet interior maps - it looks like the map is duplicated on top of a copy of itself, only rotated slightly. Noticed this in the Captain's house and at least one other place (can't remember which one).

FIXED

11. gazra_1971

While playing Co8 Modpack 7.8.0 NC, when I clicked on the menu option to quit the game, the game CTD (crashed to desktop). I received the following error report (see screenshot below).

I activated the 'Temple of Elemental Evil' module and then installed and activated the Co8 Modpack 7.9.0 NC (I installed it to The Temple of Elemental Evil game folder). The only change that I made in the options was setting Delayed Blast Fireball delay to 0 (it was set to 1 by default). When I tried to run the game for the first time, the game CTD while the game was loading. The CTD happened the instant that the splash screen was supposed to display (i.e. the screen that displays the text "CIRCLE OF EIGHT MODPACK 7.9.0 NC" and "Initializing sector data"). It has been a LONG time since that last happened to me (if at all), and the last time that that may have happened was when using a MUCH older version of the Co8 Modpack NC (if at all). I received the following error report (see screenshot below). All subsequent times that I have run the game, the game has been working perfectly.

I always play the Co8 Modpack NC at a resolution of 1680x1050 and always play the game in fullscreen mode and always have the intro enabled (the intro played fine the second and third times that I ran the game).

I'm using Windows XP SP3 and Java 7 Update 5.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  12. Gaear

That's very odd (and unprecedented). I'm thinking you might indeed need a reactivation, Sitra.

13. Sitra Achara

I double checked to see that I haven't lost my sanity - it seems that indeed the modpack is lacking files that should override the vanilla ones. E.g. check out map1-int02-modest-farmhouse. It lacks, for instance, a black tile file to override 00220022.jpg. And it's not just an issue of extraction, the tfm hasn't got that file either.

The other place I have noticed this was the Meleny/Filiken's residence.

Looking at earlier .tfms, it seems 7.6 was okay (had the relevant files), but 7.8 doesn't have them either (at least at the captain's house).

14. Gaear

Renton and Filiken's places were two maps that I flipped horizontally to reflect their proper orientation from the outside as you enter (so you don't go in facing east and arrive facing west and whatnot), and yeah I did only include the jpeg chunks that contain graphics (not the solid black stuff). That's because at the time we were without a utility to split maps at high quality without image degradation until Ag added the bitmap feature to WB. (The compression-related jpeg data loss was something Zoltec discovered a while ago.)

Anyway, there still shouldn't be any old graphics showing through as the missing black chunks only would cover existing black chunks. Can you post a screen so I can get a better idea what we're actually seeing? Or I will take a look tonight.

15. Sitra Achara

Unfortunately, on top of ToEE's latest offences, the screenshots I take come out as blank TGAs :p

I'm pretty sure you'll see it yourself, though.

The issue is that you do need the black squares, in order to cover up areas where there vanilla ToEE has a non-black square. If you don't override them, they'll just stay there alongside the new, flipped graphics.

Our Host!