Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausdoerrt, Dec 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Druid spell Shillelagh - states quarterstaff deals 1d10 dmg, the summomed weapon's description reads 2d6 (long and short)

2. chano

chano Established Member

Most likely a bug, and hopefully not a SPOILER

When accepting quest number two from Alremm and travelling directly to the ogre caves i got a strange encounter with hextorites 2 warriors and two wizards.
    I am guessing this should not happen here.
    The fight was outside the cave and started without dialogue.

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Here's a bug I had today. During the fight against Lareths guards in 7.0, this particular sergeant screwed up my game. On his turn in combat (every turn) he moved half way through his animation be it attacking or walking, and then he froze completely and his movement gague turned grey. His turn would not end for up to a minute later, where it would immediately unfreeze and go on to the next person's turn in combat. Also, since I found this a difficult fight, I wanted to kill a few guys and run away. So when I tried to flee combat, my druid's movement bar greyed out with the button on the bottom remaining red, and I could not do anything. I was able to use a potion to end my turn and thus leave combat. But when I did so and was outside the moathouse exit, the game would CTD after a few seconds. I was able to consistently cause this to happen, and I'm now on my third attempt fighting to not have a crash happen again.

edit: My third attempt, the sergeant froze just like in the picture below, but his turn never ended and I had to reload my save. This is infuriating.

editedit: Fourth attempt at the fight. I ran in quick and killed the buggy sergeant, and his death stopped any further game freezing. If you want I can give you the save file responsible for this.

Attached Files:

• bug.jpg
      bug.jpg
      File size:
      60.8 KB
      Views:
  4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Kind of a silly little bug, but somewhere during the Hommlet fedex quests, I started getting a credits screen that comes up when (and only when) using the worldmap to move point to point in Hommlet. It does not happen when travelling from outside of town, and did not happen when I first started the game, but sometime after. It doesn't crash the game or anything, and the credits will go away after a few seconds (or sooner if you hit a key) but it is somewhat irritating nonetheless.

[Edit] - OK, from searches I see this has been an ongoing, though probably rare, bug since at least 5.7.0, and probably longer. No biggie, I can ignore the credit screen.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  5. WinstonShnozwick

Gaear, here's another significant bug I encountered. Also, if you havent seen my last post, maybe you could check that out?

When I finally decided to trigger the nulb house ambush, I was a bit into the fight and an invisible unit appeared named "treasure map 2". It seemingly was an enemy to me and the nulb ambushers. Because rannos and gramag and co. started fighting the invisible unit, not noticing me. The unit could not take any damage, so the fight lost all difficulty. In addition (to the unit not supposed to be there) this "treasure map 2" unit had a turn in battle every round, and it would do nothing, leaving it's action bar greyed out and causing me to wait about ten seconds for the next character's turn to happen. When I killed the ambushers, this invisible bug unit stayed in battle, doing nothing at all, and so I could not end the battle. Fortunately I was able to flee battle and then reenter the house, where I did not see the bug unit. Here's a picture;

Attached Files:

6. SCO

SCO Member

I know that St Cuthbert is neutral but damn.

Killing the two new clerics at the base of the stairs in the church doesn't turn Calmert hostile.

7. SCO

SCO Member

Took the gems from the back of the throne with the golden orb in my possession. Game didn't end (war of the golden skull i guess) - banishment movie played, but the old lady remained in the game afterwards (i could talk to her!). She offered the pillar of light for the skull as usual. I accepted and ended like that. The slide that played was the banishment one.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Also, Gremag says his voice sample when you begin talking with him, but then he repeats the same voice sample when you begin trading with him. Is it possible to change this so that he only says that voice sample once when the player is talking with him?

Calmert also says his voice sample twice - when you start talking to him, and when you begin trading with him.

If the player doesn't do all of the FedEx quests around Hommlet, then when the player talks to Jakk Borton (Leather Worker) about masterwork leather items, Jakk won't mention anything about healing Bing (Brother-in-law). I recommend adding a dialogue option to Jakk Borton's dialogue node where he asks you to try to heal Bing's dementia so that Bing can make masterwork leather items to sell to the player.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. gazra_1971

These are for 7.0.0 NC:

In the attack modifier calculation window, when a character is wielding a strength bow that has a higher strength than the character's strength, the -2 penalty is mispelled "Unsufficient" Strength. The correct spelling is "Insufficient" Strength. (see screenshot below)

I encountered and killed Turuko, Kobort and Zert when they ambushed me coming out of the moathouse. Afterwards, I talked to Kenter Nevets who said the following dialogue to me (see screenshot below). Clearly, Kenter Nevets needs his dialogue node tweaked so that he doesn't say that after I have already killed Turuko and Kobort.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  10. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

In regards to the illegal protos bullet/ arrow blue dots, there is also one in the cellars under the Church of St. Cuthbert. I always thought that was maybe a ring or something like that "dropped" on the floor, and noticed that it was impossible to pick up.

11. gazra_1971

After I killed the assassin and confronted Rannos Davl and Gremag with the assassin's note and elected to attack them, they did their vanishing act. I went back to Burne and when I revealed to Burne that an agent was sabotaging the castle construction, Burne said the following dialogue to me (see screenshot below). This doesn't make sense because Rannos Davl & Gremag had already buggered off to Nulb. Burne needs his dialogue fixed. At this stage in the game, I had the 'Traders Revealed' quest mentioned, 'The Traders' Courier' quest completed, and the 'Agent Revealed' quest completed (in that order of doing them), as well as the 'Target of Revenge' reputation.

The first few times that I played this game, I always got the line of dialogue with Burne where he offers to tell you his puzzles. But the last few times that I have played the game, I never got the line of dialogue with Burne where he offers to tell me his puzzles. What are the conditions for the line of dialogue to appear where Burne offers to tell the player his puzzles? I recommend modifying it so that Burne always offers to tell the player his puzzles after a certain stage in the game (like after the player has cleared the moathouse) - that way, the player always gets to do Burne's puzzles.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  12. WinstonShnozwick

If you didn't catch this; I'm not sure if the merchants in the Archers Eye refresh their inventories. It's been a few ingame weeks and they still have the stuff I sold them.

13. gazra_1971

gamequestlog.mes has a typo in line 295:

Sitra Achara's new Dala mod only makes Dala attempt 'Sleight of Hand' on the player's party leader the first time that the player's party enters the Waterside Hostel. If Dala successfully steals an item from the player's party leader, then there is now no way that the player can get his/her item back through dialogue. I recommend that this scenario be changed back to the way that it used to be, i.e. Dala attempts 'Sleight of Hand' each time that the player's characters enter the Waterside Hostel, so that the player can eventually catch Dala attempting to steal and then talk to Dala which allows the player to legitimately start combat (through dialogue) with Rentsch and his gang, which enables the player to get back his/her items that Dala stole.

When talking with Preston Wetz, an apostrophe was missing in the word "don't" (see screenshot below). But when I examined the 00107preston.dlg file, the apostrophe is present:

Regarding Sitra Achara's new Dala mod, the first 2 times that my party leader successfully caught Dala attempting to steal from my character, Dala vanished but the first time that I moved one of my characters past where Dala was before she vanished caused Dala to make an attack of opportunity on my passing character (see screenshots below). However, the few subsequent times that I attempted to replicate this, Dala no longer made any attack of opportunity and Sitra Achara's Dala mod worked as intended.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Bug: Warp Wood doesn't work. At all. Doesn't destroy/disable/weaken wooden weapons, doesn't open wooden chests. Not sure when or why this happened, as none of the original control files have changed.

When cast, rolls window displays an invalid Help system hyper link reference ("Vadania casts ~Warp Wood~[]!"), even though there is nothing wrong with the help.tab text and hyper linking works fine via the Help menu function.

15. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

Fallen Paladins can't atone at the church of pelor (Canon Ramses), when giving the the 6k gold, Canon Ramses will initiate the monster mash quest starting from his dialog "Yes....".

Our Host!