[Obsolete] Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Cerulean the Blue, Jan 3, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

Re: Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs

I'm happy to hear you managed to solve the problem, it's a damn annoying site, I myself had problems downloading the files, when I tested them. :anger:

2. Sirian

Sirian The Red Leaf

Hmmmm. I thought it would work. I left it alone for awhile to finish dl-ing. 3 hours later the file is 8megs + bigger than it is supposed to be. Does Zuggy just want me to have plain old boring default characters? I suppose I'll try again. :no: still no luck I either get a piece of the file or the file and then some. I'm clueless.

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  3. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

Heck, I took the precaution of dividing the files right in order to honour my memories of slow connection days. This is hitting hard on my honour. What browser are you using?

Let me see.
    a) Using Opera I click on the link I posted.
    b) It opens my supereva page.
    c) Just to be sure, I click on one portarit pack link.
    d) It opens a page with the correct address (blahblah.zip) but it's an html that says to click on the "following link". I know that clicking it in Opera won't do me any good, but I try. Nothing happens. Even the "Torna alla pagina precedente" ("Back") link does nothing.
    e) I copy the address of index page, oper M$ Esplorer (6.0), paste it and go.
    f) It opens index page. Now I click on the portrait link. It opens the same free download page of before.
    g) Now I click on the download link. It opens download interface. I choose "Save, and it starts downloading.
    h) Very quickly it downloads all the 3,02 Mb.
    i) I open the downloaded file: it works.

I'm clueless too.

4. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

If your running MS Explorer, this often happens if the file is corrupted in your temporary internet files. If it only downloaded 2.29 megs and created a temp file with that name, it will copy that file over repeatedly instead of redownloading. So you keep getting the same bad download over and over again until it is deleted. Go to Tools - Internet Options - General Tab - Temporary Internet Files - Click the delete files button, then try to download the file again.

I am not sure if this is what is happening to you, but it sounds like it.

5. Sirian

Sirian The Red Leaf

Finally got it! Works great. the download accellerator I'm using kept a temp file of it's own. Once I got rid of that it worked fine. thanx all.

6. cemetery man

cemetery man Member

Having an issue where I'm adding a new PC member to the party. I have an existing party and I made a person using female pack 2. Then quit and loaded the play file and tried to click the logbook at the INN to try and add this new member to my party. the game crashes to desktop as soon as any member clicks the book. I also tried loading the original file and the female pack 2 file again and repeated with the same error. I'm using co8 4.0 mod also and the toee front end.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

My guess is that you are also using more than 5 PCs. The marvelous hack that allows you to do so also breaks the Guest Books in the inns. You can't use them if you are using that patch.

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

got a question for you. ive installed everything and it seems to be working for the most part but when im creating the charaters using the portrait packs there are no small color pics just a blank with a arrow in it. i was just wondering why that was.

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ lord_greywolf; Welcome back BTW, after you've installed the portrait and voice packs you should open ToEEFE, click the select a portrait pack button, choose one of the "male/female portraits 1/2" options, launch the game and make the characters you want with that pack, then quit ToEE. repeat the process until all your chatacters are made, then select the Play file and launch ToEE again, NOW select your characters and start the game, all portrait's should now display correctly.

10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

thanks Allyx :)

oh they display right in the game. i leave and use the play file when starting the game after they are all created. i just thought it a bit odd that they dont show up during the creation process.

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

During character creation, only the portraits that are in the current pack you are using will show up in the character creation screen. The rest will show up as the arrows. This is because the character creation engine in the game can only handle a small number of portrait lines in portraits.mes, much smaller than the game engine can, so I had to limit the portrait lines in each pack to only those for the portraits in the pack. Try doing character creation with the Play File loaded and the game hangs. This is part of the reason I had to split them up into packs to begin with. The other reason is that 48 portraits is all the character creation engine wants to display. You can get it to display more (as I did in Male Pack 1), but for each extra portrait that gets displayed, there 8 extra lines in portraits.mes that don't get displayed. Male Pack 1 actually has all the lines from Male Pack 2 in it, for a total of 104 portrait lines, but only displays 56 of them.

So the short answer it is because of the limitations of the character creation engine.

And if anyone is wondering, I haven't forgotten about integrating those new portraits into the Packs. I've just been busy with 5.0.0. I even am considering a mix and match method.

12. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Where's the really sexy, low female voice from? I've got it for my female wizard and I spend more time trying to get her speak than is natural...

13. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

I'm pretty such that's from Icewind Dale II.

14. Wargamer777

Wargamer777 Member

I've looked around and not sure of the answer for the following question:

If I load up the DH mod from Co8 mod 5.00, can I also use the Co8 Portrait & Voice Packs?

Reason I ask is because in the DH readme file it mentions custom portraits isn't compatible with it. HOWEVER, it seems that you are saying here that the PV Packs ARE compatible with any mod in Co8 5.0.0. Does this also mean the DH mod?

Just starting a new game and have patched everything up to 5.0.3 and using the DH mod option. Waiting on an answer before I load up this Portrait and Voice Pack.

15. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Go with the custom pack, I am using it with 5.3 and have had no problems with the pack at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!