List of Console Commands

Discussion in 'Tech Guides and Help Threads' started by Cujo, May 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Sorry LG, if for got to add that if you are going to use location_from_axis you need to enter from utilities import * first.

Many of us (well, me) are on the IRC channel and other IM services quite often. We would love to provide you help in real time. Come talk to us.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@LG Send your protos.tab and the proto ID of your new NPC to shamusfordAThotmail.com and I'll take a look for you if you like.

Cuchulainn.

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

what exactly is the irc channel Blue ?

thanks Cuchulainn i might take you up on that but first i going to go back through and make sure i didnt miss a step in making him.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Up the top of this page, see a drop down box marked 'chat'? Click it and choose 'chat w/mIrc'. U might have to install something (I forget). Try it, Zeb & I are there right now :)

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

If you click CHAT in the menu above, you can click JAVACHAT or JAVACHAT (POPUP), either one, and those will take you directly to the IRC channel.

JAVACHAT will directly open an IRC window and JAVACHAT (POPUP) will open a pop-up window--does not require any configuration. CHAT w/ mIRC requires a mIRC program be installed and be configured on your computer for it to connect to #co8.

Notes: IRC programs are actually scripts. You have to install a version of JRE [Java Runtime Environment] on your computer--after installing JRE, you can use either of the two JAVACHAT applications in the above menu.
    * The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine is no longer installed in any versions of Windows [no Windows operating systems].

Get it here and it does not require being configured, just installed. Click the Download Now button.

[EDIT] Maybe one day, someone will write what is a popular dotNET 2.0 version of IRC program and java-based chat can go the way of the dinosaur, java-based chat will go *poof* and disappear.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok well i didnt make it yesterday but ive got it running now and ill check in every morining t see if anyone is around.

well i have figured out thats its nothing with the console as i ran it using a game npc and it worked fine but even when i used elmo as a template just changing the proto # i still ended up with a door so there is another step in there that the tutorials seem to skip hmmmmm.

7. Cuchulainn

Hey LG, what protoID are you useing? They fall into specific ranges, so for an NPC you need to assign an unused protoID from the NPC range. I'm at work right now so I can't check, but I think it starts at 12000. I know the Orcs I'm making for KotB are all 14770 and up.

Cuchulainn.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It starts at 14000 ;) 12000 is the generic items.

Have a look at the very first column, should be obj_t_npc. Has it mysteriously changed to obj_t_portal? This happens with surprising frequency, due I think to using ur mouse wheel without realising.

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well its not the console thats for sure so ill have switch this to another thread lol. but i have narrowed it down. i was able to import my new npc into the ToEE game with no problem but when i try in KotB i get the door. the only thing done differently between the two was puttingin from Co8 import* in ToEE so that must be whats doing it to me in the keep. so i should be able to go ahead finish my npcs and add them to the game. fingers crossed lol.

im using 14800 since there is a nice game in the npc lists between the 700's and 900's

the only thing it kept doing that i found a bit odd was refusing to keep his name in the first slot it was never there when i opened up protos. and ive made him with proto ed and world builder, which i dont really care for.

10. Cuchulainn

That field is filled from description.mes in the /data/mes/ folder. Pop it open in notepad the format is pretty self explanitory.

Just to cover all the bases you are editing 2 different protos.tab files when working in ToEE and KotB right? You could use Beyond Compare (available in the downloads section) to see if there are any differences in the 14800 line between the 2 files.

Cuchulainn.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

original post updated.

if anything missing or wrong please PM me (or if you can then edit my post)

12. vinslay

vinslay Member

Does any one know what you are meant to type before or after "levelup"?
    cheers.

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

nothing but don't include the " when you type it in

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The quickest way to lots of gp is give 4025, which is Excalibur, then sell it to the blacksmith. 100k+gp real quick. If you're going to use the console, go big-time. Forget the cp's. If you want xp for crafting, go to the experience level you want ,at say 54999. That is level 10, plus 9999xp for crafting. Big bucks and lots of xp. Craft away.

15. umbra87

umbra87 Member

Help Me Please!!!

Hey I am new and just wandering if any body knows the comand for feats.

Thanks if you can help.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
Our Host!