ToEE World Builder v2.0.5b (GPL)

Discussion in 'ToEE WorldBuilder' started by Agetian, Jan 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.4 (GPL)

@ShiningTed: Nah, every time someone downloads and reads Shiningted's ToEE Modding Tutorials, they are reading your blog.

forum: ToEE Toolset Project Documentation
    thread: Modding Tutorials by Shiningted
    Views: 1,195

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Those precious metals pay for my modding! You wanna be damn thankful aluminum went up last week ;)

I was justy goading u guys to check out my latest one: <best Vader voice> all too easy...

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Whoa, it's been over a year since I updated ToEEWB! :(
    Time to fix this! :D

UPDATE 07/25/07: Updated to version 2.0.4a, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4 (see the attachments list below). This version fixes a critical bug in the sector light editor that caused the first light in the sector to be always displayed as a light of point type upon loading a sector file. Also, this version has some minor interface tweaks that correct the wrongly aligned text labels.

NOTE: This is a critical update for everyone who plans to work with the sector lights! If you don't update to v2.0.4a, the sector light editor will be a bit screwed up, and you certainly don't want that. ;)

IMPORTANT: As of right now, the update is only available in the form of a patch available in the attachments list of the first post in this thread. Sorry, I lost my latest ToEEWB install script during the HDD reformat, so it'll be a while before I create a new installer package. For now, just download the patch and unzip it to your ToEEWB folder, overwriting all old files. Run ToEEWB and check the about box - it should show v2.0.4a if you updated correctly.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.4a (GPL)

New toys to play with!

Thank you!

5. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Holy crap this thing is great.

Other than a dat unpacker the only tools/programs I ever used to do any TOEE modding was notepad and the protos editor. I pretty much just did everything in notepad.

I have a lot to learn...

- Livonya

6. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

True.. but you have a lot to teach also... and the mapping concept has come a long way over the last year with what Screeg, Vampiric Puppy, and Krunch have done.... we went from ovelaying new graphics over existing maps to creating complete new maps that surpass a lot of the work that Atari did...

7. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I feel like a noob... working my way through the Module Making Tutorial... making little mistakes.

I never could get the spawner tool to work back in the day so I just figured out ways to shoe string it...

Everything I ever did was based on shoe strings... trial and error, and a lot of ugly scripting... searching endlessly for some tiny typo... tearing my hair out over the limitations of scripting...

With tools like this I am shocked that more people aren't churning out mods.

The Front End solves so many problems I can't even begin to think about it... too many cooks in the kitchen was a serious issue, but the Front End completely solves that.

Anyway, back to my lesson...

- Livonya

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Livonya: I would suggest Modding Tutorials by Shiningted. It's a good, thorough read and explains the whole current concepts if you have not already found it to read.

9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

A combination of life and most people focusing on KotB. I think I've got two mods on the backburner purely because of life and I'm really struggling to do what little I said I would do for KotB because of life issues :(

But you've got to love the tools which are now available - I could never have learnt to mod without them. I can't imagine how you managed to do things without them!

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Also, people are fixated on the Official tools - "I'm not going to bother if we don't have the official tools!" :anger:

Would it be better or worse if hordes of people were churning out rubbishy mods? :shrug: Probably better, if other games are anything to go by: large amount of dross, small amount of jewels. Atm we're getting the jewels but only in a narrow band of actual mods (2, atm - KotB and Co8 5 ;) )

11. Agetian

UPDATE 10/16/07: Updated to version 2.0.4d, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4 or 2.0.4a (see the attachments list in the first post of this thread). Yes, that's correct, it's "d" and not "b", because we're skipping two internal releases which were never released publicly and were used to test some aspects of the auto-pathnoding. The new version fixes the secret door flags (OSDF) structure, now the structure is 100% bit-perfect and doesn't have any 'unknown fields' anymore. Also, v2.0.4d enables the auto pathnode generator feature, which is however still experimental and might not work as desired (however, preliminary tests done within the last month showed that it might be useful at certain large exterior maps, so there's no reason not to release it anymore). Check out the pathnode generator menu for an option. You might need to tweak the 'stepping' option, as well as adjust the 'tolerance' option when linking pathnodes in order to get the best result. My experiments have showed that using Stepping=15 and Tolerance=25 often shows good pathnoding results on large exterior maps. Keep in mind that for auto pathnode generator to work correctly, you must place the sector files for the map you're generating pathnodes for into the "Sectors" folder of ToEEWB, and make sure that no other sector files are there. The reason for this is because the auto pathnode generator takes the blocked tiles into account when generating PNDs.

Enjoy!

- Agetian

12. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.4d (GPL)

UPDATE 11/09/08: Updated to version 2.0.5, currently available only in the form of a patch from version 2.0.4/2.0.4a/2.0.4d (see the attachments list in the first post of this thread). The new version includes the wonderful advanced proto search engine written by Sitra Achara (thanks for the permission to include it in the official release package!), and also contains an updated DLL editor that is compatible with the latest Co8 Mod DLL shipped with version 5.5.0 of the module.

- Agetian

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  13. Agetian

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.5 (GPL)

UPDATE 04/20/13: Updated to version 2.0.5a, you must patch your existing 2.0.5 installation with the relevant patch file in the first post. Added the functionality to split and recombine 2D maps using the BMP format as output (splits JPG->BMP and recombines BMP->BMP) to preserve picture quality (C# seems to use a suboptimal algorithm when resaving a JPG). If you use this functionality, remember that you'll need to convert the resulting split .BMPs to .JPG format using a third party program (most advanced graphics editors should have batch convert functionality for that).

- Agetian

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.5a (GPL)

Submitting:

- Further enhancements to the advanced search functionality

Among other things, you will now be able to open two separate Proto Search boxes. This way you can jump back and forth between two different protos or proto sets conveniently

Also enabled pressing Enter to commence search for the advanced search options.

- Added Proto Editor filter

Proto Editor now has "Cnfg" button , which allows you to specify some common types, such as "Critter", "Talker", "Armor" etc. This will narrow down the huge list of properties to those pertinent to the proto type.

Attached binaries + source code.

Attached Files:

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: ToEE World Builder v2.0.5a (GPL)

SA, where does this stuff get installed to?

Our Host!