TOEE Item Code List

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Old Book, Jun 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Thanks for posting it, but what's the use of that list? it is quite obsolete too: it does not inclused Allyx's changes and mine, without considering that a player may just use notepad to open the description.mes and copy the latest list of interest by him/herself. Without considering that the protos are costantly under development and that list won't rest unchanged for long....

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

That list is good enuff for a newbie and I get the impression the not many newbies use our stuff.

It can be updated can't it?

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

"Newbies might get some use out of it" was the point. :)

When I was playing with the console, I wanted a list of items; this is what I put together. The printable version is in three columns, allowing you to sit there as you play, flip through and look up the type of item you want, and quickly add it to your character. It's as useful (or not) as any item code list.

As to updating it, as soon as the next Co8 patch or Liv 2.0 comes out, I'll update it. If that doesn't appeal, feel free to post your own. ;)

5. stormbard

stormbard Member

For my part, thanks Old Book, it's a handy list that I'm sure I'll use once I finish my 'no-cheat' all-bard game. Thanks mate!

6. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

You made the point, I agree. I hope it may be updated in the future.

7. Zhadowstorm

Zhadowstorm Member

Broken Link? Sorry on your first post i cant see any link to click on to go to the console list.

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Zhadowstorm: I suppose you're using the Hellgate Obsidian Style? I have found that hyperlinks are undistinguishable from normal text in that one, though they are of course still clickable. The links in Old Book's post are "hidden" in "this web page" and "here".

9. Swashbuckler

Swashbuckler Member

The links to the Item Code lists above are dead; likely for a while now. I've searched all over for other postings and other sites that might list the ToEE item codes, and I come up empty-handed.

Can someone either link up a new file, or perhaps just post a text copy here in this thread?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You can also just open up the description.mes file with notepad and read them yourself, or print the page.

On my machine it's ProgramFiles(x86)/Atari/TOEE/Data/Mes/Description, if you purchased your copy from GOG it might be under ProgramFiles(x86)/GOG.com/TOEE/Data/Mes/Description.

11. lantern48

lantern48 Member

I'm having a big issue with entering weapon/item/etc codes: all I ever get is an arrow that says "do not use".

Can someone please provide a step-by-step with an actual working weapon code or item code the way it must be typed in?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - it's very much appreciated.

Oh, and for clarity, I'm playing the most current NC mod pack.

-EDIT-

Disregard this post - I figured it out.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  12. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It's as simple as give #### ;)

13. DrVonNeter

DrVonNeter Member

I am having trouble with this and I can't find any helpful info about it, or figure it out. I am probably over complicating it. Does it work without any mods or do I need to be running a Co8 mod? I would love some descriptive help, ie, walk me through it. I can use Python codes to change most of the stats I want changed, I just can not get any items without getting a DONOTUSEarrow. Sometimes I get more than one, other times I get as many as five. Please, any help would be great. I fear though that this thread has been dead for way too long.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Use 'give ###'. The number of the item can generally (99%) be found in description.mes in your data/mes folder.

Never save a game with a DO NOT USE arrow or anything similar in your inventory, it will corrupt your save. Console hacking breaks your Co8 warranty.

15. DrVonNeter

DrVonNeter Member

This might sound dumb, but, do I need to space between give and the numbers?

Our Host!