Circle of Eight ToEE Mod Version 1.0.0 Released!

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Vaevictis666, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

THE UNOFFICIAL PATCH

The Circle of Eight Group would like you to take a look at a mod we've put together. It's mostly bug fixes (Bad ATARI, Bad. No cookie for you!). There is also a little bit of custom content, but not much, as we want everyone to be able to get advantage of the fixes, without forcing our design ideas.
    (We wanted a stable environment and a happier community, before attempting any signifigant modding/new adventures, that we will of course offer you soon :) )
    (We also spent some time building our own tools)

These fixes were all accomplished by editing text files in notepad (or VI :) ), and brought into the game through something Troika built into the game (but didn't mention) : an 'override' directory. By placing these files in the proper location, one can adjust most 'data' aspects of the game.

If you've happened to somehow install any earlier files (released as zip files) from our group, you should remove them prior to installing this patch, which uses a proper install routine.

As this is the first public release, we're calling it 1.0.0. Future dev and public builds will build off of this version number. Any version with only two numbers (most notably 1.3 and 1.4) are now obsolete :)

NOTE : The NPC's looting has been fixed, but NPC's you have ALREADY hired WON'T be fixed. So you need to change them for other NPC's or start a new game if you don't want to.

Spell Fixes
    • All known (to us) Scroll bugs have been addressed (bugs preventing scribing, scribing at the wrong level, or didn't do what was advertised (Fox's Cunning != aid:)) (Except Hold Portal. Don't ask us about Hold Portal, ask Troika, We can't fix it.) (All Hold Portal scrolls magically transformed into Grease. All references to Hold Portal removed for confusion sake.)
    • All cleric domains but Air are fixed. (Air is bugged majorly, maybe a typo in toee.exe linkage?)
    • Fixed the damage problems with Flame Strike ... Now correctly does 1d6 * Spell Caster Level (1/2 Fire and 1/2 Divine Damage.)
    • Chill touch no longer has unlimited # of uses.
    • Read Magic will Identify Potions and Scrolls.
    • Burne no longer gets summon monster V at 4th level
    • Improved chances of 'permanency' bug not ocurring with touch based spells
    • Improved chances of 'permanency' bug not ocurring with Silence, Web, Soften Earth & Stone and Spike Growth spells
    • Cure/Inflict line of spells was incorrectly calculating values. Was adding the caster level to the die size(i.e. lvl 5 cleric uses 1d13). Now correctly rolls and adds caster level

Item Fixes

Wands
    • Numerous problems resolved with wands..(including the 10 lb wand bug, can't craft it, and wrong spell bugs)
    Misc Magic/regular Items
    • All magic items that were previously un-craftable are now craftable. (Bands Intelligence, etc.)
    • Chainmail Boots and Gloves are no longer considered "medium" armor, and therefore will not slow you down while wearing them.
    • Cloaks of Resistance +2 and +3 now correctly give +2, and +3 bonus to saves
    • Masterwork Armor/Shields apply proper 3.5 Ed. Skill Check Penalties.
    • Pre-existing Armor/Shields apply proper 3.5 Ed. Skill Check Penalties.
    • Crafted +1 Armor/Shields apply proper 3.5 Ed. Skill Check Penalties.
    • Masterwork/Magic Weapons now apply Weapon Finesse correctly.
    • MasterWork Items are now "purchasable" from the blacksmith.
    • Dust of Disapearence is now worth 3.5 DMG value rather then 0 Gold.
    • All potions now work correctly.

New/Modified Items For "Craft Misc. Magic" (using standard 3.5 ed Statistics)
    • Bracers of Armor +1, +2, +4
    • Cloak of Archanidia
    • Circlet of Blasting, Minor
    • Wand of Magic Missiles has been broken up into Wand of MM (2),(3) and (5). You have to be level 3, 5, and 9 to make them,respectively.
    • Hands of Fire (5/- fire redist, Burning Hands 1x Day)
    • Hands of Cold (5/- cold resist, Chill Touch 1x Day)
    • Hands of Electricity (5/- elec reist, Shocking Grasp 1x Day)
    • Hands of Life (+1 fort save, cure light 1x day)
    • Hands of Death (+1 will asve, inflict light 1x day)
    • Ioun Stones added. (When will developers learn? All games are better with Ioun Stones.)
    • Sword of Megadeath (10d10 + 10) has been added to Craft Misc. The prerequisite is Hold Portal. (laugh it's funny)
      (Edit: -- Remove above before release, no one laughed)

New/Modified Items For "Craft Rod" (using standard 3.5 ed Statistics)
    • White Rod, Minor
    • White Rod
    • Grey Rod, Minor
    • Grey Rod
    • Black Rod, Minor
    • Black Rod
    • Staff of the Transmuter
    • Staff of Defense

Other fixes
    • Detailed Feat Hover Descriptions have been added.
    • Ingame Help files updated to reflect fixing of Cleric Domains (except Air).
    • NPC's demand an equal share of gold and no more, despite what their dialog will say. Furthermore, you can exchange equipment with them as well. They will not give up their money, though.
    • Re-enablement of the "Brothel" Map, NPC's, quest, and companion.
    • The Brothel was removed in the late stages of development. (Maybe because they ran out of time, and were unable to finish it?) New dialog choices have been added into Mona's conversation tree to access it.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Direct Download:
    http://www.hiredgoons.net/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V1_0_0.exe
    http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~hunsley/files/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V1_0_0.exe
    http://www.system-override.com/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V1_0_0.exe
    http://www.seranian.com/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V1_0_0.exe
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze77du1/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V1_0_0.exe

Enjoy everybody,
    The Circle of Eight crew

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  2. LDones

LDones Member

Ahhhh, we've been waiting for this. Phenomenal work, all of you.

If you need any extra mirrors I'm more than willing to provide ftp/http space/traffic @ hiredgoons.net. PM me if the need arises.

I did quite a bit of Morrowind modding, a large deal of which was 'fix' mods for game bugs and inconsistencies - it makes me hugely happy to see another game community coming together in order to make a great game truly excellent. So Bravo to you, Dhoom, Indio, Nomad, Chris Woods, Exitium and everybody else.

3. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

LDones, thanks for the offer, I think we're good - 4 hosts with decently large bandwidth, and the file is only 750k. But if you want to mirror go ahead and post linkage :)

4. Hiro Nogano

Hiro Nogano Member

Thank You!!

Gentlemen (I assume),

Thank you very much for all your hard work. I truly enjoy this game, and you are making it even better. I salute you all.

5. Kizmiaz

Kizmiaz Member

Thank you guys. I'm really grateful. (Hope i'm still is after instalation.);)

6. Visceris

Visceris Member

YEEEEEEEAAAAH!

This sounds really really good. I will download this ASAP. :)

7. Daxamar

Daxamar Member

Yeee-Haaaaw! Woot Woot Woot.

Dax, and now we return you to our regular programing :tv:

Congrats, and many tahnks to all of you! Woot.

( Ok, enough blathring spamm)

8. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

9. Drax

Drax Member

Sweeeeeet! Thanks guys!! Now it's finaly time for me to get into some serious ToEE'age...
    :tv:

10. habscape

habscape Member

I've been lurking and following all your progress. Congratulations and a heartfelt thanks to you from me. I am so eager to see what else your endeavers can bring to this release, before and after the Troika/Atari patch.

And now on to some awesome D&D tactical play, and a lot more positive energy on the Atari forum. I'm sure the Troika gods are watching.... and smiling.

Congrats!

Travis

11. Spoon

Spoon Member

Excellent work guys! You've made an already great game that much better. Your efforts are truly appreciated!

12. reddog00

reddog00 Member

Way to go all of you modders. Many in the gaming community owe a big thanks to all of you for your dedication and hard work to make this game better. It is very much appreciated. :D

13. Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill The Keeper of the Arcane Toiletries

Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. And there's still more to come. :)

14. Destro

Destro Member

Gracias Senors

15. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

The day has only just begun.

Our Host!