Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ausdoerrt, Dec 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. phlippy g

phlippy g Member

I had a problem with the scarlet brotherhood fight on the swamp map.Where if I did'nt have a reach weapon with me.I would not have been able to reach all the chests.

2. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

So, I'm messing around with creating items, and I think that skill_tumble and skill_use_magic_device are switched with each other...

3. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Two more bugs, as well as their solutions.

First bug is that Wands of Longstrider are not craftable. The solution is simply to add the item code for wands of longstrider, 12571, to the item_creation.mes file where the craftable wand codes are listed. Should be line 518 of the file in version 7.7.0

Second is that Wands of Good Hope are craftable by anyone with the right feat, regardless of level or spells, since it does not actually check for the spell requirement or caster level.

In short, to fix the problem the following line needs to be added to the item_creation.mes file:

{12615}{"SGood Hope" C7}

Note that:

12581 is the item code for a wand of fireball (the 5th level caster version, though I don't know that it's explicitly called out as such by name)
    12615 is the item code for a wand of good hope

item_creation.mes incorrectly identifies wand of good hope as being 12581 in the commented out lines, which is not a big deal, but perhaps explains why there is no line with the requirements for Good Hope.

If you care about fixing the comment then change: "// 12581 - wand of good hope" to "// 12581 - wand of fireball". If you wish, add "// 12615 - wand of good hope" while you're at it.

I'd happily attach my edited item_creation.mes, of course, but I'm adding all sorts of experimental items right now, so it wouldn't be wise.

FIXED

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Fixed everything in the post above, thanks.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

7.7 NC, Earth Temple.
    Spoke to the Turnkey and responded to his demand to leave with not taking orders from him --> fight starts.
    Turkey gets seriously injured and starts talking again, that I have proven my worth, that he can provide information when I later return.

But as soon as the dialog ends the fight immediately continues which seems wrong from the dialog.

Could perhaps the animal companion bear who attacked the Earth Temple Bugbar next to the Turnkey caused that?

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

7.7 NC:
    I retrieved the golden Orb from Falrinth and returned to Alrrem. Speaking to him I refused to give up the Orb and in the following fight killed Alrrem and his two priests.

Problem: Alrrems 3rd quest (retrieve golden Orb from Falrinth) is still listed blue as "accepted" in the quest log.

There would be 2 solutions to that.
    1) When having the Orb and using the dialog option NOT giving it to Alrrem have the quest marked as botched, because when giving it to him the quest is completed. So add the botchedquest condition to lines 601 and 602 - or if only once then to line 610 (Alrrems answer to the party refusing to hand over the orb).
    {game.quests[54].state = qs_botched}

2) Or have the quest completed successfully only for retrieving the Orb, even when not handing it to Alrrem - for my lawful neutral party that literal interpretation would fit. "The quest was to retrieve the Orb from Falrinth and bring it to you. Nothing about actually GIVING the Orb to you" ;) Then the completed quest condition should already be given in the "we have the orb" report and not in the later hand-over of the orb.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v7 / v7 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread
    NE party has just reached 8th level and have started on the temple. Took them to the broken tower to see Laereth after rescuing him- but he acted as if he were still held in prison. I followed the script to get him back in my party and now can't get rid of him. When talking to him there is no option for dismissing him, even after returning to the tower.

To make it worse, decided to rest in the broken tower- and the entire crowd went hostile, even with Laereth with me (there were also a few bugbear there as well). I haven't tried returning with him to Hommlett yet (mainly because I don't feel like rescuing him again if the same thing is going to happen). Any ideas of what went wrong?

Edit: tried this with the NG party- same results...
    Last edited by Gehennis; 1 Day Ago at 03:56 AM.

Have moved this here as I'm not sure if this is or isn't a bug...

8. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

If I might offer a 3rd option sir: give the orb to Alrrem, kill Alrrem, retrive orb- you complete the quest AND keep the orb...:)

9. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The following information applies to the Co8 modpack 7.8.0 NC:

(note: I don't know if any of these bugs have already been reported, so my apologies if any already have)

At least one of the zombies in the moathouse dungeon currently does not have Damage Resistance (5/Slashing) (see screenshot below) - all zombies are supposed to have DR(5/Slashing).

When I hired Raimol (Man-At-Arms) from Gremag for 20 gold, Gremag forced my character to pay another 180 gold for chain mail for Raimol, but Raimol only has leather armour when he joins the player's party (see screenshot below). Raimol is supposed to have chain mail armour when he joins the player's party. I know the traders are nefarious, but the original PnP module specifically states that the man-at-arms wears leather armour BUT comes with chain mail armour IF the player hires him because the player has to pay for his chain mail armour (see screenshot below). Besides, my lawful evil party has accepted Gremag's quest to assassinate Armario, so it would be in Gremag's best interest to not screw my character over, and there is no recourse in the game for my character to dispute with Gremag for renegging on his deal.

The Lawful Evil party alignment quest is to retrieve Fragarach and return it to Turuko. A party with a Lawful Evil alignment is unable to recruit Turuko or Kobort. There are very few recruitable evil NPCs that are actually usable in the game (Darley, Scorpp, and Oohlgrist are unusable when it comes to interaction with almost all other NPCs in the game, and Sargen and Lareth both permanently leave the party as soon as the party visits a town. It's SO stupid that a party with a lawful good alignment can recruit the lawful evil NPC Turuko, but a party with the lawful evil party alignment is unable to recruit Turuko - is this because Turuko needs to be not in the player's party in order to resolve the Lawful Evil party alignment quest? If that is the case, then couldn't Turuko and Kobort be scripted to be allowed to join the player's party if the player's party alignment is lawful evil, but then leave the player's party when the player acquires Fragarach? Or maybe they don't need to leave the player's party at all if it was possible for Turuko to automatically destroy Fragarach by the use of scripting? The original PnP module states that Turuko and Kobort will attempt to join a "good" party, hold back from combat, and attack the party when the party is badly wounded. As far as I am aware, Turuko and Kobort don't actually do this in the computer game, so wouldn't it be reasonable to allow them to join a party with a lawful evil party alignment if the objectives of the player's party is to do lawful evil deeds in the computer game?

The looting window is now not at the same vertical level as the party character's inventory window (due to the new text font or the new interface) (see screenshot below).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  10. gazra_1971

The following information applies to the Co8 Modpack 7.8.0 NC:

The moathouse interior's secret portal has a search DC of 20 (so it is working correctly).

The moathouse dungeon's secret portal has a search DC of 0 (see screenshot below).

The Temple of Elemental Evil interior's secret portal (i.e. on the ground floor) has a search DC of 0 (see screenshot below).

I had a random encounter with a hill giant that threw a boulder at my character on its first turn (which meant that the hill giant didn't threaten any area surrounding it, so it was easy for my party to move into melee with and surround the hill giant), then (on it's second turn) it moved to my character and made an unarmed attack (which provoked an attack of opportunity from all of my party's characters surrounding the hill giant) (see screenshot below). This was WAY too easy to get the hill giant's head for Brother Smyth so that he would start selling masterwork items!

FIXED

At Hickory Branch, (my party left the Hickory Branch map multiple times before entering the cave, and my party talked with all of Lord Hungous' lieutenants on the Hickory Branch exterior map before entering the cave), during the combat inside the cave, my wizard charmed Lord Hungous and Lord Krunch. My party did not rest inside the cave after winning the combat. When my party exited the cave, Lord Krunch began a dialogue with my party (see screenshot below). After the dialogue, Lord Krunch disappeared, but I could still see the blue circle where his character had been. He was charmed at the time, so he shouldn't have been able to resist my party and escape like that.

Grud Squinteye promises to reduce NPC vendors' prices in Nulb if the player gives him the Giant Gar's corpse, but when I completed the quest, Lodriss was still offering items for sale at the same price as beforehand (and I suspect that all of the other NPC vendors in Nulb don't reduce their prices either).

The volume level of the sound of the Arena of Heroes spectactors is WAY too loud! It is SO loud that I had to turn my computer system's sound volume level down to almost 0, which returned the sound of the spectators cheering to a comfortable sound level (but I could barely hear NPCs talking or the sound of attacks because the sound of the spectators was drowning out all other sounds).

The volume level of the sound of the Haste spell is slightly too loud.

The game crashed to desktop when I either right-clicked on my wizard's portrait (at the bottom left of the screen) or when I left-clicked on my wizard's spell tab in the inventory interface (I can't remember which). I got an error message detailing some memory addresses (see screenshot below). I don't know if the memory address values are of any use in debugging, but I thought I would provide them just in case.

Attached Files:

11. gazra_1971

The Potion of Greater Heroism in Senshock's Chest has a price value that is less than half the price value of the Potion of Heroism.

Aerich Dragonsbane in the Bows & Fletchings shop (in Verbobonc) sells the following items for only 8 copper pieces each:
    Holy Crossbow +1
    Crossbow +1 of Fire
    Anarchic Crossbow +1

Paulo the Alchemist (in Verbobonc) sells the following items for only 2 copper pieces each:
    Spore No More
    Ooze You Lose
    Distilled Alcohol
    Quicksilver

Simon (in his Wonder World shop in Verbobonc) sells the following rings for only 2 copper pieces each:
    Major Ring of Creating
    Major Ring of Divining
    Major Ring of Evocating
    Major Ring of Illusing
    Major Ring of Transmuting
    Major Ring of Necromancing
    Major Ring of Summoning
    Major Ring of Protecting

00477Alchemist.dlg has a typo in line 1 (the correct spelling of the word is emanates), has a typo in line 10, and has a typo in line 55:

00472cyn.dlg is missing an apostrophe in the word "its" (it should read it's) and has a typo in line 1:

00476Provisioner.dlg is missing an apostrophe in the word "its" in line 10 (also, the word "yourselves" is used to address the player's party (which isn't appropriate if the player is just using a solo character):

FIXED

The following vendor NPCs in merchant's row each have only 1 HP (Hit Point):
    Aerich Dragonsbane (Merchant)
    Anom (Mystic)
    Carl (Merchant)
    Cyn (Merchant)
    Dame Nelly (Merchant)
    Heather (Leatherworker)
    Jesus Staccatori (Merchant)
    Veenah (Merchant)

The secret portal in the Moathouse dungeon (in room with zombies) has a search DC of 23 (so it is working correctly).

The secret portal in the broken tower has a search DC of 0 (see screenshot below).

The secret door in ToEE dungeon level 2 (on the west side of the map) has a search DC of 27 (so it is working correctly).

The secret door on the northern wall of Feldrin's room (in ToEE dungeon level 2) has a search DC of 0.

The secret door in the corridor between the Air Temple and the Water Temple has a search DC of 0.

The secret portal on the southern side of Falrinth's and Smigmal Redhand's secret area (of ToEE dungeon level 3) has a search DC of 0 (see screenshot below).

The 2 secret doors in ToEE dungeon level 3 in southeastern area (just south of Whitman (Farmer) and Mandy (Farmer's Wife)) both have a search DC of 26 (so they are working correctly).

Prince Thrommel's secret room has a search DC of 29 (so it is working correctly).

The secret door in the Greater Temple (just to the west of the room where Barkinar and Deggum are) has a search DC of 29 (so it is working correctly).

The secret door on the eastern wall of the room where Barkinar and Deggum are has a search DC of 0 (my elf PC rolled a 20 for his automatic search roll, so I don't know if this caused the search DC to become 0).

The secret door in the corridor between the room where Barkinar and Deggum are and Senshock's room has a search DC of 28 (so it is working correctly).

The Secret portal (i.e. the elevator throne) in Zuggtmoy's prison has a search DC of 0 (see screenshot below).

The secret door behind the curtains in Zuggtmoy's prison has a search DC of 31 (so it is working correctly).

Sometimes, when viewing the looting interface, the name of the corpse that I am looting will be off-centre - the text will appear to the left of where it is supposed to appear in the looting interface (see screenshot below).

When I was using the log interface, one time when I clicked on a quest tab, the game CTD (crashed to desktop) the instant that I left-clicked a quest tab. I received an error message which stated the instruction address that couldn't be read (see screenshot below). Curiously, this is the EXACT same instruction address as the one in the post above this post (except that they are at different memory addresses)! I don't know whether my computer has a faulty memory stick or whether this instruction in the computer game's program is bugged.

Attached Files:

12. gazra_1971

gamequestlog.mes has 2 typos in line 295 (the correct spelling of the word is undesirables):

00547mother.dlg has a typo in line 100, and is missing an apostrophe in the word "thats" (it should read that's) in line 161 and line 176):

00228kids_off.dlg has a typo in line 1530 (it should read an):

FIXED

Reading captain Asaph's note causes the 'Return to the Moathouse' quest to become mentioned. Arriving at the Moathouse map causes the 'Return to the Moathouse' quest to become completed AND the 'Season of the Witch' quest to become mentioned. Going to the Moathouse Cave Exit map instead of the Moathouse map prevents the 'Return to the Moathouse' quest from becoming completed and prevents the 'Season of the Witch' quest from becoming mentioned.

There is no reference in the computer game for the player to seek out Kent for information regarding the Moathouse Respawn, and talking to Kent does not change the status of the 'Season of the Witch' quest.

In the Moathouse Respawn, if the Blood Amniote splits in 2, then the blood amniotes will often attack themselves instead of the player's characters (see screenshot below).

During the combat in the moathouse dungeon, I believe that I charmed Seleucas (Lieutenant), and I definitiely let Lareth run away. When I returned to the moathouse dungeon for the Moathouse Respawn, as my adventuring party was running along the corridor just before the brigand barracks, I heard combat music start, but when my party came into sight of the witch and her undead minions, combat did not automatically start. My party's characters could run around the brigand baracks without combat starting against the witch and her undead minions. Seleucas was still there. Left-clicking on the witch caused her to display a random floating text (see screenshot below). Left-clicking on Seleucas caused him to display the following floating text (see screenshot below). The witch and the undead all have red circles around their bases (indicating that they are hostile), whereas Seleucas has a green circle around his base. When I pressed C to initiate combat, combat ensued normally, but Seleucas was allied with my party against the undead. I suspect that the fact that the witch casts 'Greater Invisiblity' on herself (as soon as the player's party comes within proximity of her) might have something to do with combat not automatically starting with that encounter.

In the Moathouse Respawn in this computer game, the Hulking Corpse has Damage Reduction (5/Bludgeoning). An online D&D source (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/mainlist2.pl?name=Hulking_Corpse) verifies that this is correct. Regarding undead in D&D, zombies have DR(5/Slashing), whereas skeletons have DR(5/Bludgeoning) - both of these damage reductions make sense. Considering that the Hulking Corpse looks like a giant zombie (and NOT a skeleton) (see image below), it would be logical for the Hulking Corpse to have DR(5/Slashing), not DR(5/Bludgeoning).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You can also find the Hulking Corpse in The Libris Mortis, page 109.

It's a DnD book of the undead for 3.5e.

14. gazra_1971

gamereplog.mes has a typo in line 2013:

00352captain_achan.dlg has typos in line 171 and line 311 and line 321 (the correct spelling of the word is peaceably):

00122alrrem.dlg states in line 390 that the Ogre Cave is "a short distance to the east". Currently, the Ogre Cave is actually to the WNW (west northwest) of the Temple of Elemental Evil:

Wakefield (Hextor Priest) is a large-sized creature and has the feat Greater Weapon Focus (Light Mace). Considering that he is human and a level 5 fighter, he should be medium-sized and not have the feat Greater Weapon Focus (Light Mace) because only level 8 (or higher) Fighters are able to acquire the feat Greater Weapon Focus (weapon). I only mention these errors because Wakefield is a recruitable NPC.

In the Waterside Hostel (in Nulb), when my party got into a bar-room brawl with the thugs (after one of my characters caught Dala stealing an item from him), Dala submitted right at the start of the combat (before her lover was dead or even wounded) (see screenshot below).

In the Waterside Hostel, during the combat against Wat, Rentsch, and their thug henchmen, Alira (Patron) attacked the barkeep (see screenshots below). My party deliberately avoided attacking Alira, and Alira returned to her original location during the combat. During the combat, when I hovered the mouse pointer over Alira, Alira had a green circle around her base (indicating that Alira was not hostile towards my party), but I couldn't end the combat until my party killed Alira.

My party killed Romag and his entourage in his room. Then, in the Earth Temple, none of the Earth Temple Guards were KOS (kill on sight) against my party (see screenshot below). I had to initiate combat against them manually by pressing the C key.

My party completed the 3 quests for Alrrem and gained the reputation 'Member of the Fire Temple'. Later, my party recruited Ashrem who wanted to confront his brother, Alrrem. Ashrem got my party into a combat against Alrrem, where my party killed Alrrem and his entourage in the adjoining room to Alrrem's room. But when my party entered the Fire Temple, Bassanio greeted my party as if my party was still allied with the Fire Temple.

In the Gnome Tunnels (underneath Verbobonc), the Drow Matriarch cast a spell (presumably either Righteous Might or Divine Power) which changed her size from medium-sized to large, but then she did not threaten any area around her (as if she was not wielding a melee weapon) (see screenshot below).

The volume level of the special sound effects during the War of the Golden Skull are WAY too loud! They drown out the normal sounds like the sound of making melee/ranged attacks and casting spells. The sound of running water outside the Town Defense and the sound of the explosions are especially WAY too loud!

Attached Files:

15. gazra_1971

00484wakefield.dlg has a typo in line 1:

My party let Lareth run away, then my party rescued Lareth from Burne's Tower prison basement, but during the War of the Golden Skull, Lareth has returned to his spawn point in Burne's Tower prison basement (see screenshot below).

During the War of the Golden Skull, my party sided with Wakefield. None of Hommlet's inhabitants in the Grove or the cellars of Burne's Tower, the inn of the Welcome Wench, or the Church of Saint Cuthbert were KOS (Kill On Sight) when my party was within sight of them. My PCs could even talk to NPCs such as Terjon and the NPCs would agree to heal or raise dead any of my party's characters. My party had to initiate combat against them by pressing the C key.

After my party completed the 'War of the Golden Skull: Attacker' quest, Wakefield and his Hextorite army disappeared from the Hommlet map, but some of the Hextorite army continued to display floating text even after they disappeared (see screenshot below), and my party is stuck on the WotGS Hommlet map because my party can't access the World Map (see screenshots below). My party rested in the Inn of the Welcome Wench for 8 days, but my party is still stuck on the WotGS Hommlet map. Gaear, is there a console code that you could inform me of that would allow me to progress further in my game so that I can continue to test the Co8 Modpack 7.8.0 NC for jerkstop and any other bugs?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
Our Host!