CO8 walkthrough

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by StrontiumDog, Sep 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Talking about 50 calibur pistols, here's my favorite.

-> Semi-Automatic IMI Desert Eagle

This may have more knock-down and stopping power due to the extreme energy transfer with physical shock at lower velocity.

Note: Only some of the ammunition for the S&W can be used in the IMI.

* True Story: In the Phillipines in WWII, the 45 calibur made its mark by knocking the enemy down to the ground, damage and shock killing the enemy on the ground after being shot. The enemy smoked hard-core drugs in the Phillipines that would let them continue walking a few or several steps after being shot with normal bullet loads where if they were close to US troops, they would swipe at the US troops with their machete. The 45 calibur knocked them to the ground and their legs would keep moving while on the ground until death a few or more seconds later [not instantly when shot due to drug usage]. The Phillipines was one nasty place during WWII.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Actually, Krunch, the M1911 .45 was introduced and used by the US Army on the Fillipino rebels just before WWI. That's why it is the M1911 - year of introduction. Everything else is accurate, though. The Fillipinos just kept coming when shot by the older .38 revolvers the Army was using.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Actually, I meant WWI and typed WWII. I should not type a response when on the phone with a customer at work.

4. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

They also tied tourniquets on themselves before battle so that they would take longer to bleed to death, thereby gaining time for an attack after being shot. They had taken last rites as well before gong into battle. They were tough and deterined those moros were.

5. DrkHwk2006

DrkHwk2006 Dark Blade

hey guys

is there a way to make the revolver shoot since the one i got from the witch for 20K gold seems to be a melee weapon .

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I beleive you have to use it like a wand...

select the character who has it, right-click to bring up the radial menu, hover the items menu, and then the inventory menu and select the option that has the name of the weapon. Then choose your target(s) and prepare to laugh maniacally :evil_laug

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

They are. I hope someone made it do decent damage. That thing's big enough to almost do damage like a mace.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

1d6 IIRC might be less tho

9. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I didn't find it. Where in the moat house is the revolver?

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

'Cause it's not in the Moathouse.

11. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

Oh, I got the impression it was from post 5. Where is it, so I know to look for it?

12. webusver

webusver Established Member

After 2nd cleaning of Moathouse. And you'll need enough money.

PS Though I perefer to take amulet of regeneration. Give it to cleric and lots of problems will be solved. And you don't have to pay the incredible amount of gold.

13. The Great Snook

The Great Snook Member

I take it something later on causes it to repopulate or do I just have to go back in. I'm currently hanging around in Nulb (first time playing the game). What (if anything) do I have to do to trigger this?

14. webusver

webusver Established Member

I don't know exactly what triggers repopulation of moathouse, but perhaps you need to visit Temple at least once. For sure it will be repopulated if you (after all Nulb quests) visited 1 level of Temple and escape tunnel (after defeating Tower's "garrison").

15. tommy1017

tommy1017 Member

so noone ever said where to find the gun. i tryed to console it but i got the dam t symbol and ctd. same thing with the rifle. but i would love to try them if i knew where to find em.....

Our Host!