Possible bug with traders in Hommlet

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by chrysop, Apr 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. chrysop

chrysop Member

Hi, I'm using 7.1.0 NC and I seem to have stumbled upon the following bug:

I've sold some of Lareth's stuff to the traders in Hommlet, then, after being targeted by an assassin and having reported the situation to Burne (and told him that I'd get revenge), I went to confront those evil traders.

I attacked and in the ensuing battle I managed to kill Gremag and their guard while Rannos escaped after quaffing an invisibility potion (or something like that). Now, whenever I enter the building, there's an invisible Rannos waiting for me, who can act and target my characters but whom my characters cannot target at all.

Is this what is supposed to happen? If so, how do I target the invisible Rannos? Do I have to dispel his invisibility?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Marios

2. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I had the same situation. I let Rannos and Gremag espace and later I had an ambush in Nulb. I killed them, but later I met them again in their building in Hommlet. They were invisible and impossible to kill, so the only solution was to flee the combat.

I am pretty sure it is a bug.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm still playing 7.0, but have also encountered the surviving Trader in their shop after the Nulb ambush. Yes, he was invisible, but I was able to hit him, and he was worth a few XP when I killed him, so I suspect "impossible to hit" may just be a function of your level.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Do you have blind fighting skill? Did you try attacking by using the portrait up top?

5. chrysop

chrysop Member

At the time I did not have blind-fighting but it shouldn't make any difference as my problem wasn't not being able to hit but not being able to target (I couldn't even attack and yes, I did try area effect spells which did not work either). I never knew I could attack using the portraits though... :)

Anyway, I've met and killed Rannos later when he tried to ambush me in my house in Nulb. I'll check back to the trader's shop and come back with news.

6. sonofliberty

Odd, my characters had blindfighting and I slaughtered ramos, gremag and the hireling even though the two went invisible.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

If you do that, you won't get the ambush in Nulb. The odd thing is if one of the traders gets away, they'll still be in the Trading Post if you come back later. even thought they escaped, and even if they do ambush you in Nulb (and you kill them there).

8. sonofliberty

My thought on that is that I would rather have the +3 chainmail early. By the time the ambush comes around, I can enchant some royal plate to +2 and have better armor. Also, aren't they worth more exp when you are at lower level?

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This bug is fixed for the next release.

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

True and true, but the extra xp from the lower level can't add up to more than the total xp of the ambush fight. Not to mention, the ambush fight is a heck of a lot of fun. :cool2:

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

SonofLiberty you can always kill Gremag in Hommlet but let Rannos escape thereby having your cake and eating it.....

That's what I always do - how you rationalise it is up to you....

12. sonofliberty

Very good point pygmy. I will do that next time.

Our Host!