questions about the latest version of Circle of Eight Modpack NC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gazra_1971, Aug 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

That's one of the features of the combat system: using the right tool for the right job. You have to use different weapons on different enemies to get the best results.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yes.

Simply go to your ToEE root directory, find the file 'Circle of Eight Modpack 5.8.1 NC.tfm,' and delete it.

3. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

Please note that this response contains SPOILERS:

You must not reveal the traders to Burne to obtain this quest. If you do, it pretty much shuts down the traders' line of conversation. Instead do the following:

Complete the Agent Revealed and The Traders' Courier quests but do not complete the Traders Revealed quest - this is the one where you reveal to Burne or Rufus that the Traders are behind the delays to their castle. Then go and clear out the moathouse and sell Lareth's gold chain necklace to the traders. After a day or more, a random encounter will be added where an assassin will attack you. After defeating the assassin, go and tell Burne about it. Then go and confront the traders. Initiate a combat with them but do not kill them (except their hired help). They will turn invisible after they have been damaged sufficiently and escape. After you have done all of this, you can finally go and complete The Traders Revealed quest by talking to Burne or Rufus. Later, when you get a house in Nulb, the traders will try to ambush you with a group inside your house.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Thanks guys for your replies.

Boy, did I stuff that chain of events up. I went in to the trading post and killed Gremag and Rannos Davl, which gave me the reputation Purveyor of Swift Justice. I'll do that series of quests properly the next time that I play the game.

True, but if you create a fighter who specializes in a weapon (Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical, and Greater Weapon Focus), then what is the best type of weapon damage that a specialized fighter should use in this game (if the fighter didn't want to use any other weapon apart from his specialized weapon)?

13. I've not found a merchant's scale anywhere in the game yet. Where can you buy a merchant's scale from?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

From the two traders you savaged and left lying on the floor in a pool of blood. :yes:

6. gazra_1971

The computer game manual displays the following information:

Ranger's Combat Style

Ranger's Improved Combat Style

14. What ability does a ranger get if a level 2 ranger selects Archery as his Combat Style?

Colour of potion or ribbon around scroll - School of arcane magic
    light green - transmutation
    orange - abjuration
    red - evocation
    violet (purple) - necromancy
    white - ?
    yellow - divination

A scroll of Extraplanar Chest has a white ribbon around it.

15. What school of magic do white ribbons around scrolls represent?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. Necroticpus

This is a link that is all rules about 3.5.

http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Ranger

Combat Style (Ex): At 2nd level, a ranger must select one of two combat styles to pursue: archery or two-weapon combat. This choice affects the character’s class features but does not restrict his selection of feats or special abilities in any way.

If the ranger selects archery, he is treated as having the Rapid Shot feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

If the ranger selects two-weapon combat, he is treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

The benefits of the ranger’s chosen style apply only when he wears light or no armor. He loses all benefits of his combat style when wearing medium or heavy armor.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

15. According to the 3.5 SRD, Detect Magic is a divination spell:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectMagic.htm

I think we used white for spells that don't belong anywhere or which are custom, like Extraplanar Chest.

Dark blue is conjuration, btw.

We modded these all for consistency a while back (scrolls, wands, and potions). It used to be all jumbled up.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  9. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    There is no one weapon that is "best" for all encounters. That is why I always equip everyone in my party with two weapons. I equip my fighter(s) and cleric with a slashing weapon and a Bludgeoning weapon, everyone else is equiped with a missle weapon and one other weapon. My "favorite" weapons are Greatsword, Longsword ( for the Cleric of Heironoeus or Corellon Larethian ) Crossbows, Longbows and Slings.
    The Royal Canadian

10. Necroticpus

Someone, maybe 2 someones, should have bludgeoning weapons for the first 4 or 5 levels or so because of the amount of irritating skeletons. You can get rid of them after that because their use will be limited and they're nothing that a cleric can't fix.

11. gazra_1971

Sitra Achara's FAQ contains the following in the Imeryds Run section:

Q: Any hidden secrets here perchance?

A: Yes

I read a post where somebody claimed to have found a figurine between trees in Imeryds Run. Well, I had a good look around Imeryds Run but I didn't find anything.

16. What is the hidden secret in Imeryds Run? Where can it be found?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  12. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

On the right side, lower than the gar. You have to press tab to see it. It's between two branches and hard to spot. Loiter the cursor over it and it will say "A Child's Toy".

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  13. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Necro
    You're forgetting the Oozes and/or Slimes on Levels 3 and 4 of the Temple.

14. Necroticpus

I didn't forget them, I just use magic to kill them.

15. gazra_1971

Thank you for your replies to my questions. I really appreciate them.

I don't know whether the following information is accurate (I copied it from Gaear's old thread on the list of global flags and variables):

Mona wish: Humor in all things (spawns Ted, Ed and Ed)
    Mona wish: Gold (merchant prisoner gives you 1030gp when liberated)
    Mona wish: Honor & Heroics (USED TO spawn heroic merchant; heroic merchant spawns anyway with Verbomod)
    Mona wish: Something pitiful & easy to kill (USED TO spawn sad merchant; spawns anyway with Verbomod)

17. How do I get to the Ogre Cave? (I've not found it in my game anywhere).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
Our Host!