Co8 4.1.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Dec 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Actually there are 3.5 rules for them. You just need the 3.0 Monster Manual II and the 3.5 upgrade booklet.

According to the MM II, Galeb Duhr are listed as Medium-Size Elemental (Earth). The 3.5 update booklet confirms their type as Elemental. I'm still in the F's right now (with a sidetrack back to play with the Efreeti and I'm probably going to overhaul the Eye of the Deep again), but once I get to G's, the Galeb Duhr are going to get all rulesamatized just like everything else, don't worry. Which means they'll get their earth subtype.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks dude! But I didn't see them in the SRD (or maybe I was looking in the wrong place).

Maybe we could summon them with the new Monster Summoning VI (Extraplanar) spells. That'd learn the enemy - "Ha, try n damage these things! And even if u do, don't expect XP!"

3. Shiningted

Well so much for tomorrow. The updated proto.tab has been delayed by some issues with the Thrommel encounter, slowly getting thru them. Btw, those 'detect' spells are just vile, not only are they unreliable - not just detect evil, but detect magic also - but they don't seem to show up in san_spell_cast, even when they are working. I wanted a bunch of different results (in the form of text floaters) for different relevant spells, eg detect evil, detect good, detect undead etc but none of them worked, only the other spells for the encounter. Damn PITA, make you wonder if its worth changing the thing if u can't do it properly.

Anyways, here's a progress shot. Hey the robed figures off in the shadows looks cool! But its just Spugnoir. ;)

Attached Files:

4. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Not that I can see, sorry...

That sounds good to me

Exactly Shiningted, and also any melee weapon that has a wooden handle. Ranged weapons are ruined by the spell and warped melee weapons get a -4 on attack rolls. That -4 could come in pretty handy when you are at low level and at higher levels you can get the melee weapons of more and more of your opponents. A -4 to hit is equivalent to a +4 AC for everyone attacked by the weapon. It would be kind of like mage armor for the party but only against certain opponents. And the spell is more versatile, if we allow it to open locked doors or say locked chests made of wood, you are less reliant on your rogue or wizard for such things. Might have to come up with some way to fix the item if you warp an important magic item or something like that.....

Darmagon

5. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

oh, my bad, sympathetic vibrate doesn't affect constructs, so i don't think it affects elementals either. but yeah i had suggested it as a beefed up version of shatter.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you can make spells ingnore some creature types

7. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

i know, but sympathetic vibrate only affects structures...

which gives me an idea for cheating the game completely - just get 8 16 level bards to cast sympathetic vibrate on the temple! there, problem solved!!! :D

or not

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The installer package for 4.1.0 is mostly done, I'm just waiting for Ted to send me a few updates. I've implemented all the changes in Allyx' renegade mods patch and fixed a little error with the NPC levelup option (it didn't actually do anything). The question is, should we wait for Kalshane and Darmagon to finish their respective "tasks", or reserve their stuff as a special treat for 4.2.0?

9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I was under the impression that was what we were waiting for.

10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

1) Hopefully I'll manage to do some Toffee updates before you release 4.1.0, Morph (currently working on it, could take me some time, will upload ASAP). I already implemented the error message for level cap exceeding 20, right now I'm trying to do something with the music. It's tougher than I thought, but I'll try to do my best. I tried to PM you Morph, but your PM box is full...

2) Kalshane & Darmagon's stuff: I'd say we can release 4.1.0 first, and then release 4.2.0 once their stuff is done. We can also make a 4.1.0-to-4.2.0 patch if the complete installer will take some time to make.

- Agetian

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'm almost done with the protos overhaul, though I may have to tweak things, depending on the inventory fixing script. I expect to be finished by the end of next weekend at the latest. Spent 12 hours on it today and my brain is like unto mush, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (though that could just be me hallucinating due to said mush.)

12. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

TOEE FRONT-END UPDATE (23 JAN 2006): Uploaded ToEEFE 3.60 Professional Edition. Minor error prediction increase. Added an error box when the user inputs an invalid value for the level cap (above 20 or below 1).

ToEEFE Pro 3.60 may be downloaded in an appropriate thread. Please test before using. You are free to include ToEEFE Pro 3.60 with the Co8 v4.1.0 installation package.

@ Morpheus: I tried fiddling with moving the music back, but it's *really* hard to do (it's not as simple as moving music files back to their places judging by whether it's an original MP3 or not). I'll try to do it, but I'd recommend you not to put v4.1.0 on hold because of this because it will DEFINITELY take me longer than a month to pull it out, since I don't have much time to code at the moment (I urgently have to get back to my thesis paper). So, I'll keep your request in mind and maybe by v4.2.0 I'll do it, OK?

- Agetian

13. Shiningted

I've been werking all day on Endarire's NPC, ummm basically I'll be done when I'm done, but I have certainly been going flat out.

Personally I think we should wait for Kalshane and Darmagon, but I have no idea where the spells situation stands. If it is gonna put undue pressure on Darmagon, it can wait.

Edit: Krunch's NPC is some days away also, I think we should hold off at least a week. No point releasing just for the sake of it, and saves effort on Morpheus down the track too. My $0.02.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I don't think we have enough for a 4.1.0. What Morpheus is calling 4.1.0 is almost exclusively what is in the 4.0.1 patch. If you want to release a 4.0.1 installer with the patch put together by Allyx and your fixed NPC level up option, I'm good with that. If this is some issue of protocol for version names, please enlighten me.

Also, i would like to add that I was greatly surprised, and not pleasantly so, to hear that a 4.1.0 installer was almost ready. There has been no discussion of 4.1.0 for over a month now, and what discussion there has been decided that we were going to wait for things that are not yet done. I thought these things were supposed to be a community decision.

15. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Got up on the wrong foot this morning? That was the whole point of my post. I asked the COMMUNITY how WE should proceed now. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by doing some work on a new package & fixing buggy installer options without seeking express permission first. :shrug:

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that we should wait. And wait I will.

Our Host!