Combat that involves dialog broken

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by HeJason, Oct 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Any encounters that start with dialog seems broken in my game. The opposition never attacks. They even say they are going to attack and then just stand there. I attack them, and they just let me, and they skip their turns and I can just keep attacking them and they skip their turns again. This is all combat that has dialog to start. Normal combat that starts when you get close to them without dialog seems to work fine. I have never seen this before. Has anybody else? I am using ver 8.0.1

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Can you point to specific instances?

3. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

I had this problem when I attacked the traders in Hommlet.

4. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Any combat that has dialog before the fight starts, for instance, when you converse with Hedrak, and he says attack, nothing happens, I can manually attack him, but he just stands there. IUZ shows up, and you talk with him, and then he just stands there, and I can attack him without him attacking back. With any of the temple Priests, when they talk to you and you say you are going to kill them, they just stand there. Any combat that has dialog before you actually fight, is like this, but encounter that just start fighting without dialog, work normally.

5. Sitra Achara

That's weird, and I certainly can't replicate it here (e.g. tested the Traders and they work fine). Can you post a savegame?

6. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Here is my save, my group is just about to fight Hedrak

Attached Files:

7. Sitra Achara

That's one of the most bizarre bugs I've seen...

Unfortunately there's not much I can do. It looks like some sort of save corruption. Even replacing the entire party, it still persists, and it works fine with a fresh game. Do you know when this started happening to you?

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I think after the Tolub fight, but I cant be sure. I have posted the save from when it was crashing after fighting Tolub in my other thread.

9. Salk

Salk Established Member

I have had this bug when fighting against Lareth. He came out of his room and started spilling the beans since I - according to him - was about to die. But then he never acted. He just skipped his turn. Unfortunately I do not have a save game available now.

I will provide one next time I get to that point again.

Our Host!