Circle of Eight Modpack v8 Final General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Sep 16, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Abascar

Abascar Member

It's a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450. The NVIDIA control panel lists TOEE compatibility as "Fair". Turning scaling off did not effect CTD's when attempting to enter the Temple or Emeridy Meadows map.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I can really only speak from my own experience, there are much more qualified PC analysts here that know much more than I.

I too am running an nVidia card and I had to tell it to let the game handle all settings and no scaling then the movies started working.

I am concerned that I saw a corrupted process in your log though.

EDIT: Upon a second look, I was off and it was just a comment about auto saves being disabled due to being a corrupt function. Sorry.

I hope one of the gurus here will have a solution for you.

3. Abascar

Abascar Member

Well...while I was contemplating a complete re-install, I noticed a brand new update for NVIDIA available. After downloading and installing the new drivers, everything seems to work. Intro movies now play again, and no CTD's when traveling to the Temple or the Meadow.

4. sirchet

Great!

Could you post the version of the driver for people in the future who might experience the same problem you had?

5. chano

chano Established Member

Captain absalom is not very talkative so i can't turn in the Scarlet brotherhood.
    Is this a known issue for 8.0 or could it be my game only?

Everything else has worked fine so far:)

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Known issue. We'll be releasing a patch pretty soon that fixes it and a few other issues.

Re: the movie situation, this illustrates that it's generally a system issue. (Not the issue with 7.9 - that was a Co8 bug issue that just complicated the original issue.) Some systems and drivers et al play nice with ToEE, others don't. Not much we can do about that. The movies called are really not practically different from one worldmap area to another. The Temple movie is like other ToEE movies, and the Emridy Slides are just like other slides. :shrug:

7. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

Two issues...

Snake Pit: I can't really complete both, Jenalda's and Riana's quest. It's either or, although the game assumes that both are completed after completing one of these two.

Sleet Storm: This spell is instantaneous instead of round/level.

[edit] Third issue...
    Phantasmal Killer: If successful against a single opponent, combat ends but no XP is gained.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  8. chano

chano Established Member

So i have finished almost everything, problem is as mentioned above that i can complete quests so i can't get the wotgs as the slaverquest needs to set as finished i believe, any way around it other than waiting for the fix?

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hang on chano, we'll release the patch soon.

10. Prologue

Prologue Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack v8 / v8 NC Bug Report Thread

(Note: my first post)

I saw that the final version came out, uninstalled and deleted my old version and reinstalled everything (game, patches, Co8). I came across a problem with the Extraplanar Chest scrolls and registered to share it here.

My sorceress uses Read Magic on the ones found in Lareth's drawer. When she uses the scrolls, there's the red animation and sound effect like when one summons the chest, but no miniature appears in anyone's inventory. It's the same result for older saves too (as far back as I was willing to go to be able to beat Lareth's mob). And I did exit the game between attempts. The chest found in the zombie corpse works fine.

While I was waiting for my account to be validated, I thought of a few more issues I have encountered:
    Black Jay:
    1) He wouldn't initiate any quest until I brought him a ring. Back in 7.9.0 (2-3 weeks ago for me), I also couldn't initiate any quests (didn't know where the rings were though)
    2) I found a ring in a Deklo spider and got boots for them. Then I found a ring in a frog at the Moathouse, and could get a cloak or arrows (but not boots).

Multiple items purchased: when buying a lot of items (like bullets) and the number selection window appears, the price does not show in the window, but in the middle of the inventory. This also happened in the beginning part, so I didn't think much about it until now.

11. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Did your sorceress have the chest from the zombie in her inventory when she read the scrolls? I've found that makes the scroll fail as you describe. Also, you have to have 5,000 gp per casting.

12. Prologue

Prologue Member

She didn't have the zombie's chest. Mmm... I don't have 5000 GP. I'll go find some more, but aren't scrolls supposed to already contain all spells requirements? Hence why Stoneskin scrolls and Identify scrolls cost more than other spells of the same level.

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

All I know is that when I have less than 5,000, the scrolls don't work, and when I do, I lose 5,000 when I read them. You're correct in how they're supposed to work by the rules as written.

14. Prologue

Prologue Member

Indeed. I just finished acquiring 5000 GP and a chest was summoned on the map from the scroll. Thanks a lot! Now to go make a few tons of Holy Water to sell...

15. sirchet

If you try to cast identify without enough gold, you'll get a message telling you about it.

Our Host!