Spells that won't go away

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SalamionRye, Mar 30, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. SalamionRye

SalamionRye Member

I've got a curious problem. I was fighting the hag and giant frog in imeryds run, in the course of which I used Grease and Web. As may happen, some of my own characters slipped in the grease and got stuck in the web, but things panned out and we won and the grease and the web expired as usual.

Sort of. They remained stuck to two of my characters, who were walking around perpetually greased and webbed days later. With the web, you can 'break free' from the radial menu, so I was able to get out of that one, but the grease is still on the other character's feet, following her in a slippery trail everywhere she goes. This isn't a problem in normal moving around, but in combat she is always at the risk of slipping and falling, which is going to make her difficult to play. The effect persists when you change areas, rest, and quit the game and reload. There is a Grease tab denoting the effect underneath her portrait, and the duration says '0/4'.

I am playing with Co8 modpack 7.7.0 NC. One of the Atari patches indicates that it is intended to resolve lingering spell effects, but I have the Anthology version of the game, which I have on good authority is pre-patched. I don't know that I would want to try to patch the game with the modpack already installed, nor to start from scratch with installation, patch, modpack due to the risk of save incompatibility, real or imagined.

Can anyone suggest an in-game or metagame workaround for this issue? Dispel Magic seemed to have no effect, and the caster attempting to 'dismiss spells' from her radial menu did not appear to do anything either, unless I'm doing it wrong somehow.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Welcome to the forum SalamionRye,

In Hommlet speak to Jaroo the Druid , (he's just East of where you first entered the town on the road the first time you went to Homlett.) his tree house is just east of there.

Ask him about spell permanency and he will fix you. ;)

3. SalamionRye

SalamionRye Member

Worked, thanks a ton! :thumbsup:

Our Host!