playing through 7.4 and...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by silo25, Sep 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. silo25

silo25 Established Member

on WOTGS once i step out of the town hall the lead cleric of hector is not there so i cant finish the event, anyone have this problem?

2. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Holy crap, 7.4 was just posted this weekend and your'e already at WOTGS..what did you do buy a 12 pack of mountain dew and refuse to barbecue or watch football this weekend.
    -Hats off give us an update on any lag or jerkstop you encounter; during the events in homlet I know it was one of the places Gaear wanted feedback on.

3. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Wow! Mountain Dew nothing. He was drinking Monsters by the caseload! Great work. I am only at Nulb myself.

4. silo25

no jerkstop at the end of it, but cant finish it because the guy in the town hall tells me that im not finished. i assume its because the hextor priest is not there (as you exit and th e battle begins)?. i not only got to the WOTGS but i did it as a solo bard, i even killed the slavers solo, i have played through TOEE as every class solo, so it doesn't really need to be said that it doesnt take long, I took a break from wondering the sewers to do the battle of the skull.

5. silo25

futhermore, they do start combat, you can just walk past the defense outside the town hall no matter what save i start from the leader is not outside, am i missing something or is this unintended?

6. silo25

i cleaned out the temple and did as many quests as i could do, the only one i didnt complete was the new sewer one, after mapping it out i gave up and figured id just go do the war, but now ill start over and keep those saves in case, but i never remember the priest not being outside

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I haven't tested it in-game yet, but after examining game files I can see no reason at this point why the Hextor Priest wouldn't appear.

8. silo25

yes its very strange that he is not outside, playing through again

9. Gaear

Okay, I found the problem in Wakefield's script. Simply extract the attached archive to your ToEE root directory and overwrite. Will work with old saves no problem, just be sure to load from a save before he should appear.

I suppose we will have to make another patch out of this as it's a deal-breaker, *sigh.* :bored: Thanks for reporting.

[edit]

Updated patch to include Hickory Branch blockage fix. 9/10/2012

Attached Files:

10. silo25

your the best, i could kiss you, he is now back outside

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  11. silo25

as far as the new sewer content, am i missing a trigger event (dont tell me if so) or is something amiss, i have mapped the sewer but aside from one of the torch bearers and the lizard folk, i have found nothing, will check again

[edit]

Fixed ... use the spoiler button or tags. :) - Gaear

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  12. Gaear

[spoiler-ish-ness below]

All I can suggest is that you think carefully about what everyone tells you and keep looking. Do you have someone in the party with a reasonably high spot skill?

13. silo25

another thing i have not mentioned is that inside the temple, after killing the earth temple priest the rest should go on the defense , but alas they have not gathered into their perspective rooms

14. silo25

through that play through i dont , and i figures it was because of that

15. silo25

the witch fight in respawn of moathouse after 2 play through thier is a skelly archer that you cant damage , you have to flee the fight

Our Host!