Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 29, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Post any and all bugs relating to Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.x and Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.x NC here.

2. Salk

Salk Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.x / 6.0.x NC Bug Report Thread

The choice "Credits" has been moved from the Main Menu to "Options". Clicking on it would not display the game credits.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. Salk

Salk Established Member

Issues with ToEE FrontEnd X's Change Resolution:

- 1600x1200: Crashes to Desktop after Intro Movies
    - 1280x720: (Seems to) set a 800x600x16 resolution
    - 1280x768: (Seems to) set a 800x600x16 resolution
    - 1440x900: (Seems to) set a 800x600x16 resolution

The only non 4:3 resolution working in my case is the last choice: 1680x1050 (the game video options reports the usual 800x600x16 resolution but it is obvious that it is not such, making me believe it is working properly).

I am using a Radeon HD5850 graphic card on a BenQ v2410 Eco monitor.

UPDATE: This situation presents itself with Catalyst's Enable GPU scaling activated and set to "Mantain Aspect Ratio". If the option "Scale to Panel Size" is chosen and the 1280x720 resolution set then the game's screen is just stretched.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  4. Gaear

We didn't move the Credits anywhere, but clicking on it does indeed not do anything because it's been disabled. This was done becuase of a mysterious bug where moving around Hommlet or Verbobonc using the signposts would cause the credits movie to play. :twitch:

The high-res setting function in TFE-X is not a fail-safe operation because there's no way for TFE-X to know what resolutions your monitor is able to display. Therefore, it's still incumbent upon the user to know or determine what his ideal widescreen setting is. (Generally the route to take is to learn what your monitor's native resolution is and use that.) Not all monitors are able to display all resolutions.

The impetus behind adding that functionality to TFE-X was to make it easier for users to adjust the setting by doing it in the front end instead of manually by tracking down toee.cfg in the game directory and editing it successfully with a legitimate resolution.

Also bear in mind that if you save settings in the video options panel in-game, regardless of whether or not you've changed the video resolution there, the resolution will change back to whatever is listed in that panel. This is because, as you say, the custom widescreen setting is not actually listed there.

5. Salk

Salk Established Member

You're right, sorry. I was misled by a missing entry from the Main Menu but it is Tutorial that is missing, not Credits (why, by the way?)

6. Gaear

The Co8 modpack hijacks portions of the tutorial's help.tab entries to display the area descriptions you see when you go to new places. You can of course still play the tutorial via the vanilla module if you want to. :)

7. Salk

Salk Established Member

Okay, that makes sense. But wouldn't you think that you'd better delete the "Credits" entry altogether just like you did for the Tutorial instead of leaving it there disabled? ;)

By the way, thank you for this wonderful 2010 Xmas present! :hug:

8. Gaear

I suppose we could, but I have a (possibly vain) hope that we may figure that bug out some day.

9. Salk

Salk Established Member

Jakk in Hommelet would barter one hide armor and one masterwork hide armor. The stats of those two are just identical and the only difference is the price.

By the way, in the dialogue he said he doesn't have any Masterwork items in his inventory.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  10. chano

chano Established Member

When i choose to disable the intro in the front end, the game stops responding after a few seconds after fully loaded.
    Enabling the intro solves the problem.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled but get same problem.

Running Xp x64,, might be something with my computer but i is worth mentioning any.

11. chano

chano Established Member

Fire toads in the fire node does not attack in combat, they just stand there and die.

12. chano

chano Established Member

After the balor fight i can no longer loot or go through doors, i haven't got the energy to try the fight again today to see if it happens every time as this fight is a true nightmare.

13. stage

stage Member

As you can see, this robe should give +5AC and +1 on all saving throws - is this how it should be or all saves should be+1; but it gives only 4AC.

[​IMG]

Also, my cleric which leveled to 14, got a level 7 Domain spell slot, but you do not get a level 7 Domain spell to choose from. You can put any other spell from any level and save it and it will work. Is this the way it is suppose to be?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  14. stage

stage Member

Heroe's feast does not provide protection to fear.
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heroesfeast.htm

I've got feared for example both from Balor Guard and Zugg. I am guessing Heroism will have the same problem.

15. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Only Greater Heroism grants you immunity to fear. Heroism just grants you morale bonuses to your attack and saving throws. You're right about Hero's Feast though - it doesn't work properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!