Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I know that I have been able to get close to them with a familiar before, as well as summoned creatures. The Slavers have no acknowledgment of anyone other than players. It might be that with you invisible and sneaking, they mistook you as a critter and not a player. :)

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well from what I understand, the Castle is just a status symbol, and has nothing to do with the story at this time. In a future release it is planned to be used with the War scenario, but that is sometime off in the future.

Plus it does give you another safe place to rest and/or store any treasures you do not want to carry about.

3. Grimslade

Grimslade Member

Any hints as to the location of the last prison escapee would be greatly appreciated =) Any hint will do... :confused:

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hey Grimslade, I sent you a private message with the locations for all three. I was nit sure which you considered the last prisoner.

5. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

I too am unable to visit Verbobonc. Game.story_state reads 5, I've cleared out the temple except for the air node and the balrog of the fire node (characters at 11th lvl). I visited brother smyth in hommlet after reading this forum, but the only thing new he offered was to give him a giant's head to prove my worth for buying mastercrafted items. I have a true neutral party; fighter, ranger, cleric, sorcerer, rogue, plus 3 npc - rianna, serena and the half elf bard, i forget his name. Any suggestions are appreciated. In my logbook, I see an entry for visting a place, something like Weldon Bog, but it too does not appear on my World map (it's supposed to be near Hommlet).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Originally posted by Gaear:
    You don't have to complete each area before you can progress to the next area in the sequence - you only have to initiate the "quest" for the area (which you do by first talking to Brother Smyth and then talking to the person that Brother Smyth directs you to) and then you can initiate the "quest" for the next area in the sequence (provided that you meet the story state prerequisite for that area).

Captain Renton is either in building number 2 or just outside it (see Hommlet map below).

Kenter Nevets is in building number 12.

The Master of the Arena is in the Arena of Heroes. You don't have to do any of the arena fights before you can progress to the Moathouse Respawn - you just have to talk to the Master of the Arena first.

Kent is the boy who walks around to the left of building number 4 during the day, and I believe that he is inside building number 4 at night.

Brother Smyth adds Verbobonc to the bottom of the list of areas that you can travel to while looking at the World Map interface (the list is on the right side of the interface). You click on the text Passage to Verbobonc in the list to travel there.

Welkwood Bog was created to replace the Fed-Ex quests in Hommlet. Completing Welkwood Bog will give a party of 5 (level 1) characters (with 0 XP) enough XP to reach level 2. Welkwood Bog should only be done when your characters are level 1.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What version are you playing? Have you asked the smith for something different? Have you open his chest yet?

8. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

5.9.2 NC BETA, I see a barrel next to Smith, but no chest. Where can I find Kent and Captain Renton?

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Head to the signpost outside the inn. Renton is in the militia captains house. Kent is the town elder.

Check here for the other NC:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=102062&postcount=111

10. Kragenskjold

Kragenskjold Member

11. D&DNoob

D&DNoob Member

can i get a spoiler tip on how to get to verbobonc?

12. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

posted by Gaear-

Always talk to Brother Smyth when you want to do new content and ask for "something different."

You have to have talked to the leads Brother Smyth gives you for each expansion before the next can be available, assuming the story state condition is also met.

Welkwood Bog - talk to Captain Renton
    Hickory Branch - talk to Kenter Nevets
    Brother Smyth's chest appears on the ground when story state 3 is reached (i.e. you've learned of Nulb) and Kenter Nevets has been spoken to regarding Hickory Branch. You need to open the chest and read the book inside it to start Arena of Heroes.
    Arena of Heroes - talk to Master of the Arena
    Moathouse Respawn - talk to Kent
    Verbobonc is next.

Welkwood Bog availability: story state 0 - the start of the game
    Hickory Branch availability: story state 2 - after you've cleared the Moathouse
    Arena of Heroes availability: story state 3 - after you've started exploring Nulb
    Moathouse Respawn availability: story state 4 - after you've started exploring the Temple of Elemental Evil
    Verbobonc availability: story state 5 - after you've found out about the Temple factions

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

They only talk to your group leader, if he's invisible the conversation never starts. Also, there's a conversation glitch for LE parties iirc.

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Is the evil B*tch Queen supposed to get five AoO everytime?

She whacked my cleric something awful every time she tried to cast.

We're not talking five separate AoO, but five attacks for each AoO.

Oh, and finally did the find the three stooges and it was very nice.

Haven't said it in a while so here goes ... YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Ok, got it out of my system. ;)

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just checking, but are you sure they were AOO or just her normal attacks? Also, did you have defensive casting enabled? If so, you should not incure any aoo while doing so.

Our Host!