Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

My lawful good-aligned party had Serena in my party. In the Snake Pit in Nulb, I talked to Ophelia but I was unable to initiate any quests from her. I suspect that this was due to my party's alignment. When I talked to Riana, she had the following dialogue options (see screenshot below). When I talked to Ophelia, she had the following dialogue options (see screenshot below), even though I had not initiated any quests from her at all. I was unable to initiate or complete any of the quests in the Snake Pit. Ophelia's dialogue options need correcting because she should not show the following dialogue option when I have not initiated the quest (that the dialogue option is associated with) from her beforehand:
    "3. I'm still working on finding out about Jenelda for you."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just had a random encounter with 12 Doors (Boba Fett looking guys). How do I post a screen shot?

3. gazra_1971

Press the Print Screen key (it is just called PrtScn on my keyboard). Then run the image editing program Paint that comes with Windows (well, it does with Windows XP, I don't know about Windows Vista or Windows 7) (in Windows XP, you click on Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint). Then click Edit - Paste. The screenshot should appear in the Paint program. Then you may have to crop the screenshot (by clicking on the broken rectangle icon, and then clicking-and-dragging the rectangle over the section that you want to keep of the screenshot, then clicking Edit - Copy (or right-click while the mouse pointer is inside your new rectangle and select Copy), then click File - New, then click Edit - Paste) so that the resultant image file will be less than 100 KB in size. Then save the image as a JPEG (.JPG) file. You can't upload image files larger than 100 KB to this website.

In this forum, when you click on NEW REPLY, click on the Manage Attachments button, then click on one of the Browse... buttons. Then select your new image file. Then click on the Upload button. Then click the Close this window button. Then click the Submit Reply button.

[edit]

Then delete all of the useless screen00xx.tga files in your Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE folder because they each take up a whopping 5 MB each!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  4. General Ghoul

5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

12 zombie bounty hunter doors. That is cool. I wonder what other new monsters are in the game. Maybe some crawfish bounty hunter barrels or some such.:yes:

*edit*
    Holy crap! I just realized something. The potion vendor at the moathouse respawn, her name is Thingizzard, just like it warns on the P&P map! Cool.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thats 'Mother Thingizzard' to you. But it shows what an archetype the 'crone in the swamp' is.

7. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

I had the same issue, with the exact same screen as captured by GG (5.9.2 game), I avoided the encounter and it hasn't repeated yet. My game was after Verb., after Hedrack and pre-nodes at the time.

8. Necroticpus

I would like to humbly suggest that Gaear make a sticky thread that just has a title that says "Run As Administrator". I bet it would clear up 1000% of the new people's problems. Even if they don't open and read the post, just the title alone will make them think. :yes:

I know that there is already a troubleshooting instructions thread and windows compatability and whatnot but who reads those?! :poke: Run as administrator takes away all the heartbreak and anguish of having to read through a thread and learn of potential fixes for potential problems. :p

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  9. General Ghoul

They turned out to be 12 zombies, an unusual encounter, but all went down to a turn undead for 0 XP.

10. gazra_1971

(in reference to General Ghoul's screenshot) They don't look like zombies to me. They look like 12 knights that have been killed by and taken over by the Mandragora Helix.

Yes. Below is a screenshot verifying that I got the shopmap description box when I started a new game in 5.9.2 NC.

I just experienced jerkstop for the first time ever. I had just rested for 8 hours upstairs in the Inn of the Welcome Wench and when I exited the inn, I immediately experienced jerkstop (see screenshots below). I eventually made my way back into the inn, and when I exited the inn again, I no longer experienced jerkstop. I am almost certain that I never used the Sign Posts in 5.9.2 NC (I did use the sign posts a few times in 5.9.1 NC). I have NEVER opened the command console in the game. My OS is Windows XP SP3. I am not using nor have I ever used the no-CD crack. I never experienced jerkstop in 5.8.1 NC.

The Dispel Magic spell is very messy with spots where a corpse has been animated because of all of the corpse's items left behind in a pile on the ground when the corpse is transformed into an undead creature (see screenshot below). Also, the door exit to the map is also numbered by the Dispel Magic spell as a legitimate target to dispel all magic on the target. Weird.

When my character did a critical hit while under the effect of the Prayer spell, the +1 damage due to the Prayer spell was multiplied by the critical multiplier of the weapon that my character was wielding (see screenshot below). I've looked at the D&D 3.5 SRD and it's not clear to me whether the +1 damage from the Prayer spell should be multiplied by the weapon's critical multiplier when a character scores a critical hit while under the influence of a Prayer spell. The D&D 3.5 SRD states:

What do you guys think? Does anybody know whether the Player's Handbook states more clearly whether the +1 damage from a Prayer spell should be multiplied by the critical multiplier of the weapon when determining the damage from a critical hit while the attacker is under the influence of a Prayer spell?

With regard to Lubash, Gaear, you are aware that the player can avoid Lubash altogether by going the other way through the moathouse dungeon (i.e. through the secret door in the pillar), and that the player can avoid a confrontation with Lubash by wearing the cloaks that are in the nearby chest? I don't see why Lubash shouldn't be allowed to fight the player's characters when the player's characters fire arrows/bolts at Lubash from outside his room. That's why I would like the situation with Lubash changed.

I also strongly object to the instant killing of one of the player's characters (without any saving throw) before the combat with the slave traders. It's just not fun. Gaear, will you PLEASE remove that from the game? It's not fair to penalize the player that drastically through no fault of the player.

The most amount of damage that one of my characters has ever done with a critical hit was 69 HP damage with a masterwork ranseur. I am EXTREMELY curious - what is the most amount of damage that one of your characters has done with one hit?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  11. General Ghoul

Also a ranseur, but I believe it was +1 at the time, with a fighter with 20 STR.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  12. Necroticpus

My highest rogue sneak attack critical was 137 damage. These are the rest...

Attached Files:

13. Necroticpus

Gaear, look at post #625, Gazra's post. There's a screenshot of him getting jerkstop. He didn't mention it but if you look at it, you can see water ripples in the ground under the signpost! BAM!

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's in the jpeg image, so no ... but that's not to deny that you yourself had ripples. ;)

I have a lot of catching up to do here but it will be a little bit. Busy ...

15. Necroticpus

It's right there! It's the only circle on the map! I'll bet a million dollars and Ted's reputation that it is a ripple!

Everyone, watch for water ripples in front of the inn! Especially when you get jerkstop!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!