Assassin not showing up?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by guinness22, Sep 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Oh your wizard made it huh. The Assassin usually kills my wizard and rogue too, maybe. My luck has never been good with those encounters. Did really well this time.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yeah I got lucky, though my Wiz was at 2 hp! Those buggers are deadly, not only with their 4 attacks, but that damned poison. Whoever helped to add them to the game, Kudos. :)

3. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

It seems like I saw a post in the last day or so where someone put up the code that would trigger the assassin. However, I cannot find it now. Was it up at one time? If so, could whoever posted the code please put it up here on this thread? Thanks in advance.

4. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

I think its create XXXXXX but I don't know the # for the assassin to make him spawn either...

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I looked around the files, and I think I found the reason.

The san_insert_item script attached to Lareth's items checks for a container with a name ID of 1204.

The Traders' inventory is now stored in a container with a name ID of 1004 (probably swapped in the latest round of inventory respawn standardization?). In Vanilla, at least, it was 1204.

Possible solutions:
    1. Change the script to check for the map name instead - 5010 for the traders' store.
    2. Change back the chest name ID to 1204.

Attached is a file with the former applied, which enables the Assassin thing (tested ok).

For those who want the console code -
    Code:
    game.encounter_queue.append(3000)

This will add the Assassin encounter ID to the game's predetermined encounter queue.

Attached Files:

6. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

Wow guys, thanks for all the replies, the suggestions and the fix. I echo cezmail's appreciation to Gaear, Sitra, et al for everything you folks do for this community and game.

g22

7. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I downloaded this file and replaced the existing one with it. Long story short, I had to load my game to a point before I sold Lareth's items to the traders and then the assassin showed up like he normally does.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Cool. Thanks again, SA. :thumbsup:

[edit]

Yes, that's exactly it. Some of the merchants needed to get their inventories reloaded for the refresh to 'take' for some reason, and I just put one of the regular chests in there for R&G.

Interestingly, I see that their specific chest (1204) can't be opened in WB. It's as if it isn't there.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  9. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

awesme patch thanks GAear Sitra etc, great work as always..

For anyone as statistically warped as i who manages to accidentally kill off R and G I have found an alternatve to simply reloading....

I Un swft justiced myself and then making sure had completed agents rev and traders courier but not traders rev Re Created R and g in thier shop
    then i fought em *for the second time LOL* this time making sure to leave one alive..*
    and when he ran off I was set revenge of the traitors o whatever that rep is...
    Im happy to report that ive just been attacked in my house in nulb so all is back on track...

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Glad to hear you got things working for you and that you got to have the fun from the ambush.

Now if you REALLY want to make things interesting, go after Smigdale(?) and her buddies naked, no armor or boosters, just weapons, SEE how well the fun is for you then. :D

11. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

ummm ....No.;)i think Ill take the armour ,weapons and spells with me thank you very much:)

12. chano

chano Established Member

I just bought back the necklace and sold it to the traders, that worked aswell.
    Of course after adding the file.
    So it seems you can use a later savegame if you are willing to pay a price for it.

13. Oakheart

Oakheart Member

I assume that file goes straight into the C:\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil folder?

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, it goes into C:/.../Temple of .../data/scr.

Maybe we'll put it into a rar with the full path for a temporary fix.

Our Host!