Give **** item crash 90% of the time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moonwreck, Jan 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Moonwreck

Moonwreck Member

I've got a fresh Toee install, patch 2 and the 4.0.0 installed. When I try to give most items I crash. I've had success with the longbow of frost and the belt of hill giant strength +6, but the cloak of the manta ray and many others kills me! WHy , oh why god, can I not just enjoy wonderfull d&d bliss? ANY help would be great

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The cloak of the manta ray was added (by me) and subsequently removed (by me) from the protos.tab due to the fact that there is no way to implement it's primary function (transform into a manta ray) and no real point to activating the primary function anyway (no way to make PC's swim or be able to breath under water). I must have forgot to remove the description.mes entries. some robes and cloaks may have a different protos.tab number to the one listed in description.mes (due to the fact I changed thier location to squash a bug that was the cause for no dex bonus applied to AC while wearing those items.

To get the correct protos numbers for the items you want to give...
    Download ToEEWB or Phalzyr's ProtoEd.

In ToEEWB - copy your protos.tab, description.mes and long_description.mes file into the ToEEWB folder, load the program, click on the prototypes tab, and scroll through the list of prototypes until you find the one you want, click on it and note the proto number for the item.

In Phalzyr's ProtoEd - load the protos.tab and scroll down to find the correct proto number (column 1) for the item you want.

It's best to note down a list of all items you want first and don't give any PC more items than can be stored in thier inventory screen.

And oh, cheaters never prosper

Our Host!