Console Commands

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Flak88, Jan 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

LOL and Vista will not let me alter the path of the executable file, either. i also tried that.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Does the ToEE splash page say "Co8 Modpack Version x.xx," and do you get a shop map initially when you start the game as opposed to one of the vignettes?

3. J'allan UlDragos

Yes, i get the Co8 message in the load screen. I have also seen the Co8 shop map. The load screen says Co8 Modpack Version 5.7.2

I have been playing this game for years, and been using your modpacks since version 5.6 Beta. You guys do great work with this really cool and unfortunately buggy game :) i definitely appreciate all the work the Co8 team puts into their releases!

However, i have never been able to get the console to open. I have the retail version of the game, and i have the Atari patches. I have always followed the instructions Co8 posts for installing the mods. currently i have TOEE installed with the Front end x app, and all the mods Co8 has released, including Shinigted's fine work on his mod.

I install Patch 1 & 2, from a clean install... and still no go after adding the Co8 mods. *sigh* As many times as i have played this game ... sometimes i would like to use the console as a "shortcut" to provide some aid to leveling, etc.

I am beginning to wonder if i might have a busted Patch 2? the exe. i have is called TOEE_USA_ANY-PATCH2.EXE, and i don't remember where i originally downloaded it, but i have just grabbed a new one off Sorcerer's Place after doing a GooGle search... looks like the same file.

I am stumped why this will not work! I think it must be Vista related.

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The console comes with Atari patch2, so if you play the vanilla game with no mods and shift ~ doesn't work with patch 2 then I suspect it's a Vista problem on your system. Microsoft can keep Vista and Windows7. I'll never buy it. You might consider backdating to XP or even 98 back compatible to 95. A 98 cd is fairly cheap. Set up for dual boot and away you go.

5. J'allan UlDragos

I tried the above resolution, to no effect. Hmmm... this agian leads me to believe that certain builds of Vista, or hardware, cause the tilde/ console to not function.

I do have a old laptop that runs win 2000 Pro, and a old desktop that runs XP ... i suppose i could test it out on them to see if it truly is a Vista issue...! i wish the above solution had worked in my case.

Anybody else have these console issues? :confused:

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

One thing to keep in mind is ToEE is over 5 years old and was written for Windows 98. The newer OS's do things quite differently and trying to manipulate the files to work isn't always possible. 5 year old games are ancient technology. The hi-tech 3D games may work fine on Vista/7, I don't know. I wont buy it to find out. Set up a PC/laptop that plays like you want it to. Vista/7 are just a big hassle.

7. J'allan UlDragos

thanks, I'm gonna try loading it on my Win 2000 laptop. Vista is driving me crazy.

8. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

have you tried hitting it with a hammer :dizzy:

9. J'allan UlDragos

LOL not yet. i believe that may invalidate the warranty :twitch:

10. Stitched

Stitched Member

Is it possible to disable cheats? I used the "cheats.all_spells_by_class" command and it's broken the leveling up of my sorcerer (unsurprising).

11. CrossingDynasty

CrossingDynasty Member

Hey, i had a very similar issue. i found this and it fixed the problem:

1: Open up the Device Manager
    2: Go to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab
    3: Maximize the tab to bring up Devices
    4: Open the eHome Infrared Reciever (USBCIR)
    5: Disable Uninstall it and Restart your computer

It should work after that

Our Host!