FEEDBACK THREAD for ToEE_Fan Fixes_V1_BETA

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Glamis, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Glamis

Glamis Member

I did not see a thread for this yet so I figured I should start one.

1) I still seem to have a lot of SPELL_NONE type items in my crafting menu.

2) Item Details System: I think this method is worse than the stock version. The information does not format well and it is very odd having it in the title of the item.

As noted in the readme, this fix totally destroys the crafting window. The text is all over the place.

If you want to hijack a part of the description for item info, I would recommend hijacking the weight section. That might be a safer place to stick extra info.

3) Brothel: The Brothel seemed to work fine. I think it is odd that you get kicked out of the brothel whenever you are "done" receiving services. It would make more sense to either drop you on the first floor lounge or even just leave you in the room. If possible, some sort of cheezy music should play as well. You click on the option to "get down to it" and then you just appear somewhere else. That just seems odd.

I solved the brothel quest with the lesbian whore upstairs but haven't had a chance to test the one with the brewmaster apprentices yet.

4) Blacksmith/Masterwork Items: This works GREAT. Wow. This is definitely a good fix. I like this much better than hijacking the craft rods feat. Excellent work here! :)

5) Feat Hover text: Great! There are a lot of typos and some errors here. I was going to include them in this post but I think these need to be gone over entirely from the beginning as there are a LOT of typos, left out words, etc. Great implementation though! :)

6) Spell Fixes: Flame strike seems to be functioning properly! :).

7) Chain Boots and Gloves: These are still lowering movement rate- 40 to 30 on a barbarian, 30 to 20 on a lightly armored character, and 20 to 15 on a heavily armored character. :(

8) Cloaks of Resistance: These are still giving a +1 bonus no matter what type the cloak actually is. I have a +3 Cloak of Resistance and it only gives me +1 to resistances.

To Summarize from the readme:

Spell Fixes: Look like they are working (some I couldn't test since I do not have access to those spells).

Item Fixes: None of the changes in this section seem to be working. Chain boots, gloves, cloaks of resistances, and SPELL_NONE are still broken.

Feat Hover: Great implementation but needs massive proofing.

Item Details system: Needs to be done differently. Very unreadable- especially in the crafting screens.

Re-enablement of the "Brothel" Map: Excellent but could use some tweaks.

MasterWork Items: Wonderful! :)

2. Glamis

Glamis Member

Here's a tip for other folks testing who also are not fans of the item description system:

Remove only this file:

<ToEE Install Dir> data\mes\description.mes

If you delete that file then you get all the other changes from the beta and you can actually read your crafting menus and such. :)

I am also currently using Dhoom's Dev_Help 2.1 mod which really helps with testing.

Those two mods play nicely together (they do not change the same files).

3. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Feat Hover: Great implementation but needs massive proofing.

I'll deal with this as soon as I get my password, lol.

1) I still seem to have a lot of SPELL_NONE type items in my crafting menu.
    7) Chain Boots and Gloves: These are still lowering movement rate- 40 to 30 on a barbarian, 30 to 20 on a lightly armored character, and 20 to 15 on a heavily armored character.
    8) Cloaks of Resistance: These are still giving a +1 bonus no matter what type the cloak actually is. I have a +3 Cloak of Resistance and it only gives me +1 to resistances.

Chris Wood actually managed to fix this but I think Nomad didn't include his stuff in the mod because it also included the Craft Rod stuff. We'll get a clean version soon and make another release.

4. FrantzX

FrantzX Member

I'm the guy who did the feat hover text. I know that I didn't do all of them and I made an assload of mistakes. Any feedback on what I did wrong would be great. I'll upload any improved feat.mes to http://web.njit.edu/~fl2

5. Glamis

Glamis Member

I hope you didn't think my feedback was in any way meant as a criticism.

You did a great job and the implementation is wonderful. The stock short feat descriptions in game were terrible.

I'll try to get some time to run through feat descriptions and send you some corrections.

6. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Sorry for the delay. Had some problems here at home...

Yes, I did not include the Item creation fixes.. they were tied to the removal fo the craft rod feat... So I left them out.. (though I have been trying to get a hold of chris to find out if I can get just the craft magical item feat..

As for the item descriptions, yeah. I'm pretty disappointed with them too.. I'll pull that out before we go live.

7. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

SAme here. If you need me to do any spell checking or writing 'flowery' or 'detailed' descriptions just give me a holler. I'll work on it in any case ;)

8. Montez

Montez Member

Ok, haven't had a chance to check all the fixes yet, but I'll post what I've got so far. I'll try to summarize since Glamis already did everything pretty in-depth.

(1) Crafting: So far working great, though I don't have a lot of the spells necessary to try certain enchantments. Haven't run into any spell-none errors yet. The description window is pretty confustigated, but that was expected.

(2)Cloak of Resistance +2 and +3: No changes, both still only give a +1 bonus to all saves.

(3)Feat Descriptions and Hovers: Works great, good job guys!

(4)Identify Desriptions: Works as well, haven't run into any items yet that don't display what effects they have.

(5)Chaimail boots and gloves: Same as Glamis, they still lower speed when equipped.

(6) Masterwork items through Hommlet blacksmith: Works as well, and I think the dialogue system is actually a better way to go than adding the items to his store stock.

(7) Spell permanancy: Tried this with my save game and it didn't effect characters who were permanently webbed, held, etc. Made a new party to test this with today, so far no permanent effects.

I'll post again tomorrow after checking the rest of the fixes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read Exitium's post re: chainmail and cloak of resistance before posting!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2003
  9. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Yeah.. But I wonder if it's the 1.1 or the 1.0?

10. Montez

Montez Member

^^^^ If you're asking about my list, it's from the 1.0 version

Our Host!