Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Well good luck when it's all over we can have a drink that circumnavigates the globe.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Very wise. You'll get no arguments about that here! I'm sure it's the same in Oz as it is here in the States that anything you say (or post) can and will be used against you.

Remember, your opposition has lots of little paralegal and junior lawyer spies everywhere, waiting for you to make that one little mis-step....

Good luck. I begin to face the music in a few days, and dammit, it's a long song I'll need to dance too.

3. cremo

cremo Member

Sad hearing about your problems Ted..

Now I'm looking forward not only for your mod to be realeased but to hear about everything getting fixed for yourself!

Best wishes!

Claudio

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Ted's back! And he didn't get thrown in the pokey! Good news all around. Now this KoTB can get finished in another week or so. :poke:

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Didn't get sent down yet. We can still hope.

Ok: there has been an internal release of KotB! Yay! The Kobold and Bugbear Caves are now done (bar tinkering with this and that) and the Goblin Chief is sitting in his Cave too, muttering about dwarves and wizards with halfling familiars. Their quests are in place, their place in the alignment quests are in place, and there has been tinkering in the rest of the Borderlands to accomodate them (such as adding items and an NPC to other locales to fulfill their quests).

I do believe thats a genuine step forward. :yes:

6. Necroticpus

I just thought of something. What about the 25th year silver anniversary module of Return To The Keep On The Borderlands? Is that going to be an expansion to KoTB? :poke:

7. Shiningted

Probably :) Some of the characters from it are in ours (Arsenach, Sabine, mmm forget the others but they're there). I think this is covered in the FAQ or the game guide or something, I certainly went into detail about it somewhere.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yay Ted!

I'm really glad you side stepped the "officials" and can go about your regular business of amazing us, (fans of Co8).

I may not be as active as before, but I always check in to see what's new.

I've said it before and will say it again ... YOU GUYS ROCK!

9. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Speaking of rock, amazing music in the tavern/recruitment hall of the Keep!!!! Great work.

10. Yippee38

Yippee38 Member

Grats on your progress in court Ted!

11. Shardnax

Shardnax Member

I was curious to know how close to being done KotB is? I've really been looking forward to playing through it.

12. Shiningted

I've been slack on the updates again, haven't I...

Progress is admitedly slow. Its happening - I've been working on the Goblin Cave and some stuff in the wilderness and some stuff in the Keep, but its currently crawling along. Just for the moment - I got a new job (yay me!) but its currently taking all my time and then some: 10 hours in the office, then come home and a few hours using Remote Desktop to stay ahead of the game. Not much time for modding.

Only temporary, but the current state of affairs, alas. But I am creeping forward :)

13. Necroticpus

Hmm. Very inefficient. I think you would most profit by having a job doing ToEE modding for 10 hours a day, renting an office to go to and remote desktop into your house network and work a few more hours to stay ahead of the game. Then you can go back home to spend 5 hours with the family unit and then get 8 hours of sleep so you can do the exact same thing day after day! What more could a man ask for?!

Now you just gotta find a company to bankroll the project. When I win the lottery, I'll hire all of Co8 to do nothing but create all of the old AD&D modules using the ToEE engine, after I buy the Dungeons And Dragons rights from Hasbro. What do you think you would need for a wage? 80,000 - 90,000 a year? Stock options? 3 months PTO per year? Summers off? Discounted timeshares in Jamaica? Full family health coverage? A company Austin-Martin? One of the company's private jets would fly you to Amsterdam to give me monthly progress reports, company meetings held in any one of the "coffee shops". Every year there would be a mandatory company meeting. The company would rent Rio De Janiero out for a month, so we could brainstorm new projects while getting fanned by naked, nubile women with banana leaves while listening to all the old 70's bands play concerts.:peace::rock::pelvicthr:smoke::drunk: :evil_laug

*edit*
    Actually, instead of wasting money on rent for the city, I'll just create a new town that caters to the gaming community. Free wifi everywhere, a network with all good multiplayer games and vending machines every 50 feet. It'll be called Necrotown and it will be themed like Ravenloft.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  14. Shardnax

Shardnax Member

You better win the super lottery :yes:! I approve of this grand plan of yours.

Thanks for the progress update.

15. Shiningted

Personal update: I'm in Malaysia. Yay me! Will be back online in about a week.

Our Host!