Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I think you can do that WITHOUT being hit by a bus.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:no: You know nothing about bus-company recruiting methods, I see...

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Well, it DOES get them into the front end of the bus...and the case for the need for medical insurance would be pretty compelling...AND many buses have wheel chair lifts...

But, you know you can simply take your laptop to use while you're driving / recruiting? ;)

4. argikt

argikt Member

Is a bit expeditive get into the front ned of the bus.... try giving them a curriculum... is safe...

A question, what is the expecting end-level of a full party in this module?
    I really like epic modules with balors and high level chars... when I bought toee (I didn't read/play) the pen&paper module, really like the game but it ends when I start getting power... sob...

5. Shiningted

Much lower ;)

There's no real answer to this because the game isn't finished yet, but a tentative goal is lvl 6.

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Only level 6? You sure, Ted? The last time I played the Demo, I hit level 6 with a 5 man party plus NPCs - and that's just the demo! I can't imagine the Caves of Chaos and Inner Bailey won't add at least a level or two...

7. Shiningted

Well, quite probably. Frankly I want to tone down some of the existing stuff: I want the challenge to come from tactics and such, not high levels. In some cases, critters were given an extra level or 2 to make them tougher, which means lots of extra XP: that can be changed :)

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

There are a few things that could be toned down. Lady M, for one. As I recall, she gives a lot of XP and loot if you "object forcefully" to her ambush in the Northern Oak Woods - and since you have to force combat, you can easily beat her down in 1-2 rounds with a low level party. Too much, too easy...

9. Shiningted

Yah, good point: the Thieves' Guild too (though that will have a long-term plot relevance so folks shouldn't want to wipe it out early).

In fact, good or bad, all the major players will have long-term plot relevance. Good parties won't wanna just waltz in and kill Axer, because the plot will clearly expect otherwise :) (And I will tweak that so its much tougher anyway. But thats a good example of a fight where I just said, "hey lets give everyone 2 more levels to make it tougher!")

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  10. argikt

argikt Member

Ejem! I know, I have no patience... last status (3 weeks) u explain that were filling chaos caves... I can't wait!! plase tell me, how is the actual status?

thanks!

11. Shiningted

Seriously, we're filling the Caves. For that to mean more than just 'put monsters in and have generic reactions' takes time. Both the Kobold and Ogre Caves are now very close to finishing, while the Minotaur and Shunned Caverns are done as mentioned above. Orc Cave and Bugbear Cave progressing too :) I'll do a proper update of this as Caves are completed.

12. Shiningted

THE OGRE CAVE IS FINISHED! Weeeeeeee!!! :dance:

Its all there: the bag of cheese, the bearskin coat, the greedy angry ogre, all done!

13. WebShaman

WebShaman Member

Ok, I am getting excited. :largeclap

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  14. green slime

green slime Member

Hi, I've got two things I'd like to say.

1) Fantastic! even though I've run into the Keep CTD, I'm hooked.

2) I know you guys have come far in this, but I was wondering if there was anyway I could contribute, and whom do I contact?

15. Shiningted

KotB keeps rolling along! The Kobold Cave is one bug-squash away from finishing, and the Goblin Cave has had a lot of its mobs / scripts done (just waiting on a final map ;))

Also, some more skills have been added - Profession and Knowledge (Nature) are in, and the Speak Languages skill has been fully implemented (so you can actually take ranks in it and have them directly translate to knowing this or that language). Here's the section of the Player's Guide explaining how it is done:
    Finally, here is a rather dull image showing Profession (Herbalist) in action. Note that I picked on the swamp lotus because its the first thing I came across in protos.tab - this will NOT be required in ToEE! Other Professions will include Taxidermy and Gemcutter.

Attached Files:

Our Host!