ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Oct 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

@HIBB and in support of Agetian--

I have been playing the game with different mods off an on for over 3 years, and I have never had that particular error, but I have heard of it. Guess I have been lucky.

Here's hoping you will NEVER see it again.

2. Kettleburn

Kettleburn Member

1. Windows Vista

2. Patches 1 & 2
    Default config

3. No exception message

5. -Toffee-X started, and startup window opens.
    - Clicked 'Play' button, and ToEE started, with Co8 5.5.0 Mod Pack activated.
    - Game loads perfectly fine, intro movies, up to menu screen.
    - Clicked 'Load Game' button, and savegame selection box appears.
    - As soon as I load a save file however, it loads briefly, then the game immediately closes.

6. I attempted to run the game with the firewall turned off, with the same result.

Note: First time I started ToEE, it worked fine. After saving and quitting the game, every attempt to start the game crashed.

Attached Files:

3. Heavydan85

Heavydan85 Drinking Champion

The thing that changes the number of possible pcs won't work for me. I set it to 7 ( wanted a party with every race) and i only get 5 when i start the game.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

@ Kettleburn: This is not a ToEE Front-End X issue. The front-end sets all the options and launches your game just fine (checked your log file to be sure) - it's something with the game installation itself, not sure what exactly it can be, sorry. Could be a corrupt saved game file (yes, that happens sometimes, unfortunately - both with and without the front-end, that is).

@ Heavydan85: I just checked it on my installation and it worked just fine - got 7 players as intended. Strange it doesn't work for you. Just to be on the safe side - make sure you're running one of the Circle of Eight mods (one of them is actually active) instead of the barebone ToEE - it's not supposed to work with barebone ToEE anyway.

- Agetian

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  5. Kettleburn

Kettleburn Member

Okay, thank you very much.
    I'll try reinstalling it, and see if that fixes the problem.

6. evilthorne

evilthorne Techincally Cursed

This is a great forum and I am excited to start playing toee again. I loaded the original program on my Laptop with windows vista, the game was playing alright but I was continually getting corrupted save games and kicked out of the game at random times. I installed all three patches and the game would not even play after that. I stumbled upon this forum and re-ran patch 2 and the game worked again though all my games were still corrupted.

Removed everything and reinstalled it ran the two patches and downloaded the 5.5 pack. My first issue came up with not being able to extract the files to the directory, I copied them to the desktop then moved them into the folder. When I click on the frontend 2.0 I got this error

"Another instance of ToEE front end X is already running!"

I then restarted and tried it again but same error.
    I downloaded 2.2 frontend but get the same message.

I am using Windows Vista with co8 5.5 with toEE 2.2 front end and have Kaspersky Internet security.

Thanks for any and all help I look forward to playing toee again with out all the glitches.

7. evilthorne

evilthorne Techincally Cursed

I managed to fix this issue by right clicking on the exe file and running as an adminastrator. I did'nt even know about that option with vista. Thanks

8. Ananvil

Ananvil Member

Hi all, I did a search, and didn't find anything on my particular error, so I thought I'd report it here... hope this is the right place.

Using the format provided:

1: Windows Vista
    2: Using Patch 2, no custom mods.
    3: "Another instance of ToEE Front-End X is already running!" appears when I try to install TFE-X. I have not installed it before on this machine, as it is a brand new machine.
    4: No LOG file created, presumably because TFE-X can't be installed due to the above error.
    5: Installed ToEE without difficulty, patched to Patch 2. I have CDs, this is a legit copy of the game. (Ironic that I have more problems once I buy a game...) It runs fine. The files are in the correct directory. I have tried rebooting the machine, but already receive the same message.
    6: Using the windows default firewall and virus protection.

Thank you for your assistance!

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmm... now, I believe you when you say you did a search, but I still can't help but notice your problem is identical to that in the previous post. May I suggest you use the same fix that he did?

10. Ananvil

Ananvil Member

Apologies, but I did a search for the exact string of the error message, which he did not use. I didn't manually search through all the posts.

Thank you though. I am new to Vista.

11. billthepill469

billthepill469 Elder of 4 Seekers

Re: Help!! Help installing please

OK, I did everything by the book regarding install, I activated the front-end and waited. Now whenever I try to play anything off the front-end I get a notice telling me that I have an "unhandled exception" with options to quit or continue. This notice occurs with every thing that I try to play including the original game. I have to use the TFE-X repair .exe to even use the front-end again. Solutions? Advice? Help! I've been waiting to play this as I had so many problems with the first demo version.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  12. maalri

maalri Immortal

You last two guys are screwed.ut hey- I'm posting TOTALLY buzzed, so please ignore :)

13. lediath

lediath Member

Co8 5.5.0 Beta
    ToEE Front End X v2.2
    no other mods to the game

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
    tried running w/ and w/o admin rights
    but the problems persist

several things that are not working properly
    1) can't bring up the console
    2) max hp options doesn't work
    3) humble NPC option doesn't work
    4) show NPC hp option doesn't work

i tried almost everything
    including

reinstalling the game
    lockout.ini
    reactivating the modules

can anyone help me out?
    thanks!

-Ledi-

14. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

From desktop, open front end. Go up to the top to OPTIONS. You can fix 2, 3 and 4. ;)

Don't know about console. Maybe not install TFE-X v2.2? It's in 5.5.0. :shrug:

15. lediath

lediath Member

errrrr i know about the options thing
    i'm not quite THAT silly hehe

and yes i've tried them all on and all off and a number of combinations of on and off
    nothing works
    i can't get those three options to work

hopefully i can avoid the max hp thing by just getting the console back
    and yes i have the lastest version sof the mod as well as the frontend

any help would be appreciated =P

-Ledi-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!