Rannos and Gremag Redux

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by ShadowDragoon, Feb 22, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think I'll just make it so that Burne won't join you until later. I'll leave the temple hook in the assassin's note, however.

The new R&G scenario was really written within the framework of Burne not being directly involved. While I'm willing to allow for certain vagaries (which there will always be), if I don't change it, most players could concievably face this situation, which would seem rather goofy. Nothing else to be done for it now anyway, as I'm not going to re-do the whole thing.

I don't think it will amount to much difference ultimately, as afaik most players don't have Burne along until Temple time (if at all). If you dilly-dally with the R&G assassin thing that long, I guess that's your (the player's) own fault. :p

2. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Gaear:

Can I ask how much time is needed, or if there's some other condition involved? Ive let three months pass, and I've also revisited the Temple afterwards, and he still hasn't completed his research. I don't even get to ask him how that research is going. If it weren't for the fact that he refuses to come with me due to having to do his research, I'd think he wasn't even aware of the skull anymore. Note that I did reinstall the mod before showing him the skull, so hopefully this isn't a problem due to that mixup I had a few days ago where I briefly ran with the game without the mod installed.

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  3. Gaear

You need to have learned of Zuggtmoy. This means having either talked to Hedrack about her, or talking to Whitman, the farmer prisoner on temple level 3.

This is an example of something that is not a literal passage of time function, but an event function that still achieves the appearance of the passage of time. I like it. :)

4. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

*nod nod* That works, thanks for the quick reply :)

Qwinn

5. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Uh oh.

I have talked to both the farmer and Hedrack.

In the farmer's case, I had no conversation path that led to learning about Zuggtmoy, whether I asked immediately for the bat wing for the DH quest or not. Looking at the dialog file, it sort of seems like you only get that option if his wife has been eaten.

And Hedrack, I also never got such an option to learn about her, either by doing the quests or by making him mad via killing other critters on his level. Note that, by the time I learned of this condition, I'd already been introduced to Hedrack by the lower priests and gotten the quest from Hedrack to kill Scorpp, so I'm not getting the more detailed dialog options I see in the dialog file.

Senshock -did- mention he was devoted to Zuggtmoy - the first time I heard the name mentioned in the game - when I first confronted him, but Burne still isn't talking to me about the skull.

Any other option or way to learn about her? If it's something you need to implement a fix for, I'll be fine with just doing a console command to get it working for now so I can finish my game, I'm pretty damn close now.

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  6. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Well, Wonnilon knows that something with "plants" it's going on on the lower levels.

maybe he could be one of the options?

7. Gaear

I think Wonnilon's a little too early for that, being on Temple Level 1.

I instead added a new option to Whitman's dlg that allows nice players to hear his story (and thus get the Zug hook). See the CMF thread for the fix.

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

This might be a little late, but I figured out what was causing the script to malfunction.

In the original script, the code that looked for a PC to initiate dialogue with had a pc.type==obj_t_pc check, i.e. it checked whether the object was a pc or not. I seems I removed it from the script when I modded it. Whenever I tested it with no NPCs, it was harmless, because the game.party array consisted solely of PCs, and the traders would initiate dialogue properly. However, if you had an NPC, it'd usually appear in the end of that array ( e.g. type game.party in the console and you'd get ( PC1, PC2, ..., Elmo) ), and thus the last object to appear in the "for pc in game.party" loop would be an NPC, who can't initiate conversation of course.

It's the kind of thing you can only find out using file comparison programs. Let this be a lesson unto all other modders :) (if you haven't already, get Beyond Compare from the downloads section, it's immensely useful for modding. Alternatively, get z diff + freediff from cnet.com, which are free)

9. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Hi all - This thread was many moons ago :) But I've just recently bought the game again after I learned about Co8 :)

Ive played it through to a certain part previously and was fine with this quest buts now bugged for me. It resets to the beginning of the encounter everytime it gets to Gremag, Rannos usually wins intiative or at least catches someone flatfooted due to the restart and sneak attacks the life out of them! :-( Literally!

The only thing I done different this time around was have the .py file added to be able to use read magic on scrolls n potions.

any ideas?

Our Host!