5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Starting the number sequence over, heh.

1. If you have a female character marry Lazslo the Herdsman, and you talk to his son Eddie, he responds with "Hey sister, can you spare a drink?" :eek: :no:

Actually, so can Laszlo, heh... to his wife... I'm not sure which one is more creepy...

2. If your bard does "Inspire Competence" on another PC, the little tab above the portrait says "Inspire Courage", a different ability.

3. The portrait of little girls (such as Amii) is the same as the portrait of little boys.

4. Gaear, you said you wanted to clean up dialogues where NPC's wouldn't remember they'd already told you something? A very good candidate for that is Mother Screng's daughter Hruda. You can get her to tell you that she's there with her mother to report to the Archbishop of Veluna, then end the conversation and talk to her again and it's almost as if she never met you before. And you'd think you could then ask Mother Screng about it, but nope, no option to do so. I actually wind up taking Otis to the temple and straight back just so I can get her to tell me she's Canoness Ivey (I'm playing with an NG party :).

Hey, you did say keep the reports coming. Bet you regret that now, eh? ;)

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Not at all. This stuff will come in handy when it comes time to clean house in Nulb. :chainsaw:

The little boy portrait is the only one available to us for children, btw. I'm right in the middle of a portraits restructuring project, coincidentally, so maybe we can get HK to do one for girls to further that end.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Actually, i have (for a long time) two already on the works, for girl and boy.

Not to be seen these days, sorry (not at least a week i mean)

4. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

Re: 5.0.x Cumulative Mods and Fixes (CMF) Submissions Thread

When you answer Burne's riddles correctly, the two scrolls he gives you are Fireball and Glitterdust. Surely that should have been Fireball and Gust of Wind, since they are the two you need to destroy the orb?

To fix, on line 810 of 00004burne.dlg, change the number in the first create_item_in_inventory() call from 9196 to 9214.

5. Gaear

Actually I don't think that was the intent of the author (zhuge). He posted this on the Atari boards long ago:

Thanks for the input, but I have no intention of changing it for the modpack at this late date.

6. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

5. When viewing the feat list of my ranger/rogue, and clicking on the "Two Weapon Fighting Style" feat that came from being a ranger, it pops up the description of "Maximize Spell" instead.

Qwinn

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

They're ALL named Morgeuse (or Tiffany or Crystal...)

8. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Eh? (if it's just a joke, okay, I'm slow that way ;)

As for one of the bugs I mentioned on the previous page, check this out from the >official patch 1.0 release notes<:

That sounds -exactly- like what I reported. Looks like that fix got undone somehow, maybe by patch 2.0 or something in C08.

FTR, I never installed patch 1.0. I just installed the game and then patch 2.0, as per the installation instructions on this board.

Qwinn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  9. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Hmm, just noticed -another- patch 1.0 fix (see link in previous post) that isn't working now:

It puts it into your log colored pink if, the first time you ever speak to the water priest, you'd already had the troll join Alrrem. If you had the water quest to get the troll when you told the troll to join Alrrem, it remains blue after you talk to the water priest again.

BTW, I'm actually seeing a readme.txt in my ToEE directory that lists patch 1.0 fixes as well as install instructions and everything else, which leads me to believe my CDs are already prepatched to 1.0.

Another bug just discovered: Talking to Falrinth about the Orb (with Alrrem's quest to get it active), I have the option to show him a gem from an elemental node even though I haven't even been to an elemental node yet, much less have one of the gems.

Qwinn

10. Gaear

This was already fixed (see this CMF post), but it's not in the CMF patch yet. There will probably be an updated CMF patch soon.

11. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Sound/text discrepancy for Burne. Later in the game - I have the orb of death and haven't talked to him about it yet - when I ask him "Perhaps I could ask you some questions?" he should be saying "Yes, <charname>, how may I help you?", and he does in text, but the sound file says what sounds like "Don't bother. Rufus and I are here to protect this village! What business have you to stir up trouble in our town?"

Qwinn

12. Gaear

Hmm, that must be a one-off error. There's nothing in the files to indicate that it should be happening, and I can't reproduce it. Is it reproducible for you?

13. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

Oh yes, every time I talk to him.

I do have the Long Awaited Rasso (sp?) and Gremag mod in, which I know modifies Burne's dialog, if that helps any.

Qwinn

14. Gaear

Okay. Very strange. Can you do me a favor and post your Burne dilaogue file here as an attachement? It is 00004Burne.dlg found in your ToEE/data/dlg folder.

btw, I take it that back when you were doing the new Rannos & Gremag stuff, Burne wasn't saying that?

(In the meantime, you might try selecting the 'clean game cache' option in front end - if you don't have it selected already - and run it again after that.)

15. Qwinn

Qwinn Established Member

What the hell...

It's -not- the same 0004Burne.dlg that is in your "Long Awaited" mod. It's only like a 65k file instead of 192k. It doesn't have the new Rannos and Gremag stuff. How bizarre. I -did- play through all of the new stuff regarding Rannos and Gremag, and it worked fine. How the heck does it not have it -now-??

I'ma reinstall that mod and see what happens. But for now, yeah, forget about that bug report.

Qwinn

EDIT: Oh wait, I know how now. In trying to fix a different issue, I reinstalled 5.0.5 yesterday morning, and didn't reinstall the Priest Expansion or LAR&G mods. Totally my fault then. Sorry to waste your time on that.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!