High AC build

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mongerman, Mar 24, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. mongerman

mongerman Member

IN IWD2, it was possible to create characters with such high AC that enemies could only hit on a natural 20. Is this possible in TOEE? If not, what would be your high AC build? I'm thinking pure rogue with maxed dex, but the best armor (elven chain) limits the dex bonus to + 4. How bout a rogue/monk?

2. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

well with an elf starting out with a 20 dex (15) bracers of armor+5(20)ring of protect+5(25) gloves of dex+6(28)18 wisdom for monk (32) amulet of wisdom+6(35) celtic tatoo+4?
    (39) and the dodge feat for a grand total of 40 ac using this build..pretty tough for any thing to hit that,but seems to me ive had fighters near 50

3. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

o btw you cant use armor and maintain all of the monk abilities. o and i forgot the 4 ability increases which would increase the ac by two more points if u reach lvl 20 for the monk /rouge

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  4. wraith_bones

wraith_bones Member

a human ftr with prince thrommels plate enchanted to +3(24) +3 dex(27) tower shield +3(34) ring of protect+5(39)amulet of natural armor+5(44) and the dodge feat combined with expertise and scather/fragarach gives a grand total of a 50 ac...a full 10 points higher than the monk/rougue build only the balor and zuggtmoy could hit you with any regularity..oh and iuz too of course
    u could give combat expertise to the monk /rougue too i guess but its a -5 to hit :(

5. mongerman

mongerman Member

Nice one wraith_bones, except it will be near end game by the time you get all the stuff, while a monk/rogue has consistantly high ac throughout

Our Host!