Prestige class

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Grizzli, May 2, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

prestige class status in ToEE = nothing new

[EDIT]
    No progress has been made on this topic since SpellSlinger and Hazelnut have both disappeared from co8.org.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Nothings changed, but I had no idea Diamond Body and Diamond Soul worked - thats interesting :)

Its also interesting to see the stuff that used to be speculation that are now working mods. The 'stick something into an invisible slot' idea was just speculation - its now a realty, since its how Liv implemented the Detect Evil for Paladins fix and the Secret Door bug workaround in KotB.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I was going thru the dat files and there is some prestige stuff in there and more races also, but were never implemented. There's also a deities file and I'd like to add Ra, but I don't know if the game will accept or allow it. Can new deities be modded in? Just curious.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I believe it requires a Temple.DLL hack to add them, to add extra or more than what originally came with ToEE.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Oh well. I've got a good hex editor (TotalEdit), so maybe someday. If I live long enough and the game is still around.

6. Executor

Executor Member

Has anyone considered asking one of the Troika devs who might still have the source code to make the necessary changes and then to recompile the Temple.dll? With access to the original code, it should only take them a few minutes to do something that might take Co8 ages or never to accomplish.

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It'd be unethical - asking one of them to do something illegal, even if they would have a copy of which they probably do not have a copy.

[-=- LINK -=-]
    Those are reasons why we need your thoughts, opinion and support, about Co8.org asking for the original software dev. tools.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  8. Executor

Executor Member

What's so unethical or illegal? No source code would be released, so unless Atari has an issue with an untested mini-patch for a game they don't support anymore, I don't see any problems.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Atari owns all of their sourcecode and their original software dev. tools for the ToEE game from when the ToEE game was released. A developer working as an employee for Atari or working as a contractor for a company assigned to work on projects for Atari would not be allowed to keep and possess that sourcecode or those original software dev. tools. That sourcecode and those original software dev. tools are the intellectual property of Atari, and making changes to that sourcecode [the property of Atari] would require the permission of Atari prior to making changes to that sourcecode. Changing that sourcecode without, first, having permission to make changes would be an infringement, a criminal act.

Our Host!