No Saints, damnit!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by JKSkydiver, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. JKSkydiver

JKSkydiver Member

Greetings.
    I was wondering, does the patch maybe add a command that will reset the character models and conditions to normal levels? For some reason, after a big battle filled with all kinds of magic (A dozen magic missiles, two fireballs, one entangle by Elmo and another by Meleny a good hope and a bless) the timers on some of the spells seem to have frozen, or triggers didn't activate as they should.
    Now three game days after aid battle, my Paladin and Meleny still have the good hope halos aound their heads (no flag over portraits), Paladin and Dwarf Fighter have kept their entangled status (flag under portraits) and my cleric seems to be saving reflex every 5 seconds or something (DC 14 I think). Tried magic and dispels and stuff, but only if I get them killed and have Tergon rez em do these conditions dispel. The good hope halos still remain though.
    Is there some way to work around this?
    Thanks.

2. JKSkydiver

JKSkydiver Member

Is there maybe a spell that will reset everything back to normal as a sideeffect already in the game? Or maybe some way to hexedit these bad situations back to normal? Please some help here. My Cleric is also my crafter, so I'm not overly enthusiastic about losing the xp to rez.

3. JKSkydiver

JKSkydiver Member

Never mind. I killed em all, rezzed em and HEXed the xp back to the previous numbers. They still have halos (and after the battle with Hendrak the cleric got sanctified as well for some reason) but it's not so bad. In fact in some maps the halo trail makes it easy to keep track of the "Three Healers" which is a plus.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

maybe noone answers because noone knows. I wish I could get those fixed with my characters. I just load a previous save and redo the battle when that happens

5. Iain

Iain Member

This only happened to me once, during the Broken Tower fight (back entrance to the Temple). I thought that perhaps it was some interaction between Bless, Dispell Magic (from the bad guys) and subsequent buffing spells on my party that caused it. Somehow spells and their timers were becoming disassociated. But I was never able to replicate it. There are very few encounters where magic (like Dispell) gets thrown at your party.

I agree with taltamir - only a reload will work.

6. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

I'm in the same boat, and it drives me nuts. I have to remember never to cast Wind Wall, or the paladin version of endure elements, and things like that, since they never wear off.

Our Host!