How to add more than 5 PC's?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kamose, Apr 10, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kamose

Kamose Member

Hello,

I'm getting back into playing this game after a couple of years away; I downloaded the new FrontEnd Co8 5.0 Final & I can get the mod to work fine, but it won't allow me to add extra PC's. The best I can get is that I can summon to stand in the Inn of the Welcome Wench and give me generic dialog, but the character will not join. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kamose

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

There is a selection for the number of pc/npc. The game starts at 5/3,so you have to change it to 6/2 or something for it to work.

3. Kamose

Kamose Member

I have done that (changing the 5 to 6 and the 3 to 2; sorry I was not clear in my previous post); I do not get a 6th slot to add a new PC when I start a new game; also, when I start a new game I can add 3 NPC's even though I have it set to 2. I assumed the start window would give me the 6th slot or that I could use the "registration book" in the Inn to summon the new PC - which I can do, but I cannot get a dialog with the new PC that allows his addition. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kamose

4. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

... You will not receive an extra slot for the party members, however grab your 6th pc and just drag him down to the right of the last pc and let go.... and when you start your game he will be there... :headfones

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

or just click add, and it will say they have joined.

6. Kamose

Kamose Member

:anger: :censored:
    Hmm.... I have tried both of those options and neither one works! In the opening window, I cannot grab and drag the PC down into the row of active PC's.... and if I add the PC using the "Add" button in the start screen, the PC turns green and says "in party" but when I start the game the PC is not there, just the first 5 (who are pictured). Given that there are a couple of other things slightly out of synch, I wonder if it might simply be something with my install. Looting does not work unless done DURING a fight (or I come back 24 hours later and pick up the pile of goodies.... mighty inconvenient) and I'm using the "start with no clothes or weapons" version, which I understand is supposed to allow you to access 3 merchants, talk to some Jade Queen and get the appropriate beginning; instead, my naked characters go straight into fighting bandits. Fun stuff! At least some of the new quests are working.... Pishelia can be added as an NPC and the Desperate Housewives quests starts fine. If I cannot get it to work, I'll just change my PC's and get another NPC that will fit the party concept.... although it would be nice to be able to loot! Thanks for all the suggestions so far and any further input/thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kamose

7. PanChiFan

PanChiFan Thinker

I'm having a similar problem, but with a bit of a twist- I recently decided to start a new game. I've had the TOEFE installed for some time and have used to PC counter integrated into that in the past with no problems. Interestingly when I attempted to start a new game (and selected 6pcs/2npcs) I was unable to get all six at the start of the game. I could select them and add them before the intro, but upon starting, only five would appear. I even tried running the PC counter patch independant of the front end, but to no avail.

I was thinking of doing a complete reinstall of the game, patches 1&2 and TOEFE, but can't find my play cd at the moment (I've been using a nocd exe for some time as well.) Once I turn up my play cd (I have the install disk...) I will try starting from scratch. I'm just perplexed that after a long abscence, the PC counter no longer works...

By the way, let me offer kudos to all those who have contributed content for this game. Thanks for your hard work folks.

8. Kamose

Kamose Member

Given that PanChiFan and I are both using the no CD executable, it sounds like that might be the problem. Guess I'll have to dig my disks out of the moving boxes and reinstall it. Thanks to everyone who worked on the mod to make it so good and thanks for all the suggestions. If anyone comes up with anything more to try, please feel free to let us know!

Kamose

9. WebShaman

WebShaman Member

I am having the same problem adding extra characters above 5 with 5.0 and a NoCD Patch.

It works with 4.0, but not with 5.0

10. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

I am having a reverse problem with the same Co8 mod.

I want to use 1 PC and 7 NPC's but the tool won't allow the numbers further than 3pcs/5npcs.

Our Host!