The D&D table top, help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adarius, Aug 6, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Actually that's his helmet. They were moustache at first but I repainted
    them after having seen the original figurine.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  2. maggit

The rest of my figurines.

This one is going to represent my character. I'm quite satisfied with the outcome.

[​IMG]

I did some nips and tucks to the guy with the banner.

[​IMG]

My bro's drow, the one you've already seen.

[​IMG]

An elf archer.

[​IMG]

The blond haired elf, made by my other bro'

[​IMG]

A female elf painted for his girlfriend.
    [​IMG]

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

back in the day me and one of my friends used to play a table top game with lego men. the rules are really simple, this is the third edition of them (they might need a bit of balancing still).

Attached Files:

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the reason they needed rebalaning in the first place was because the one leged guy with the dagger took out the knight, and then half my friends army. I got me thinking that the chances of that happening should be a little slimmer than what the rules were at the time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

this pic is a couple of armies with troops ranging from super heavy horse (the guy in the above pic who's speed is amost as slow and an unarmoured foot soldier) to armour piercing, to ranged, to anti-cavelry, to anti-ant-cavelry. The trick of the game it to get the your units to fight units to which they have a bonus against - swords against spears, spears against horse, horse againts ranged, ranged against foot units, armour piercing against armour.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

To think I gave away all my lego stuff when I 'grew up' :(

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I don't think anyone who commits a large potion of their time to computer games is really that grown up.

Lego is pretty cheap as well and you can customise your "mini" really easily as well.

8. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

The lego minis rock! I was more of a Lincoln Log kinda guy as a kid unfortunately. I'll try and get some pictures up of some minis I've painted. Fun ass hobby! :)

9. maggit

We were thinking of using lego as minis, too bad I was the only
    one who had some left at home... and too bad that most of them
    were themed in the future or outer space. :p

Like this one:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that link goes no where.

btw does anyone understand the rules I posted for lego wars?

11. maggit

The rules are understandable, but the loads of modifiers
    against different kinds of weapons/armour may cause confusion,
    well until you memorize them. :)

12. adarius

adarius One man army.

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, school is killing me. It's about 7am right now and I'm amazed I got time to hop on the computer for a little bit. Homework takes me hours to do....it's no fun. Even my weekends have been busy with schoolwork and other projects. I really hope I can get back to my ToEE campaign soon, my adventurers must be pissed at me for making them sleep in the fields for so long. ^-^ Well, I'll try to get on as much as I can, and it seems this thread went to D&D mini discussion? cool.

I've gotten all my miniatures at a bookstore called Borders. =)

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

its not really that hard because you can see the lego man with whatever gear he has and its not like you have a large book to flick thro to find whatever rules need looking up, you just look at the guy and look at the piece of paper and the stats are right there.

for example, starting on the left with the horses.
    Super heavy horse (armoured) = Defence 11, Speed 6, Attack 1d6 (+3 vs armour, +2 vs Ranged, +2 vs Sword, +2 vs Flail).
    Light horse archer (unarmoured) = Defence 5, Speed 10, Attack 1d6 (+2 vs Foot, +1 vs Armour, +2 vs Ranged, +2 vs Sword, +2 vs Flail, Range 16).
    Heavy horse = Defence 11, Speed 7, Attack 1d6 (+1 vs Foot, +2 vs Ranged, +2 vs Sword, +2 vs Flail)
    Heavy horse = Defence 8, Speed 7, Attack 1d6 (+3 vs Horse, +2 vs Ranged, +2 vs Sword, +2 vs Flail)

and from left with the Foot
    Swordsman (armoured) = Defence 10, Speed 3, Attack 1d6 (+1 vs Foot)
    Swordsman (armoured) = Defence 10, Speed 2, Attack 1d6 (+2 vs Foot)
    Axeman (armoured) = Defence 9, Speed 3, Attack 1d6 (+1 vs Armour, +1 vs Horse)
    Spear (or Javlin if thrown) = Defence 7, Speed 5, Attack 1d6 (+2 vs Horse, Reach)
    Crossbow (armoured) = Defence 7, Speed 3, Attack 1d6 (+1 vs Foot, +2 vs Armour, Range 9)
    Longbow (armoured) = Defence 6, Speed 4, Attack 1d6 (+2 vs Foot, +1 vs Armour, Range 16)

A big part is knowing what thing not to send your guys against - the only thing good agaist horse archers is spears (eg the horse second from the left wouldn't last to long against the horse on the right), the best thing against armoured spears is axes or swords but they're vunrable to horses, swords are better against unarmoured spears, bows are best against all foot but will die quick when facing horses.

I need to change foot note 6 from can only be used one handed with shield to cannot be used 1 handed with another weapon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  14. maggit

Threadomancy! :evil_laug (Luckily enough that
    smiley always comes up in the smilies section
    whenever I need it)

We've finally finished painting those bastards!
    Now they even have ground under their feet
    (made of genuine sand from my back yard
    and some fake grass :p). I'm back to playing
    D&D so this may mean me being more active
    on the forums. Oh the colours are a bit
    over-saturated from the camera.

[​IMG]

15. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Hey not bad!
    Not bad at all :thumbsup:

I have the first and last elves (they're from a "ranger" squad, Forestals ), but i couldn't find the one with the blue cloak, which it's great. I've used them too as dark elves.

If you can find the "Gotrek Ginisson" model, you should buy it, it's a dwarf hero from Warhammer, and the model it's really cool (i'm thinking on something like him for one of the portraits), it comes also with a human warrior, his partner in adventures.

Could you post the dwarves rotated? There's isn't much to see besides the shields ;)

I've got a few "white dwarf" magazines, with some advice on painting figures (with dwarf models, no less ;) ), if you're interested i could scan and mail them. :)

Our Host!