Co8 - Awesome!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poetic Colossus, Jul 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Poetic Colossus

Poetic Colossus Member

Hi guys -

I just wanted to pop my head in express my appreciation and to say what a kickass job you have done with TOEE - I worked in the industry on Neverwinter Nights 2 for a small bit, so I can imagine how time-consuming all of this work had to be, especially when you weren't getting paid for it.

I first tried the game when I was at Obsidian but soon gave up on it because of bugs, dialogue issues etc - three years later I heard about CO8 (I believe Josh Sawyer mentioned it on a thread somewhere) and so I'd figured I'd give it a shot as I was in-between Oblivion and the NWN2 expansion coming out - even though I downloaded the game online, your forums had all of the documentations and workarounds that I needed to get it patched accordingly. Your tweaks make a HUGE amount of difference and I'm sure that the guys at Troika have nothing but respect for you carrying the torch on.

Donation incoming!

Best,

Matt

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Matt :)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

It's always nice to get props from those that get paid to do this kinda stuff professionally.

4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I really hope the old Troika crew like what we're doing. All credit has to go to them for providing such an amazing platform to build from. Here's to the good ship Troika and all who sailed in her :coffee:

5. adarius

adarius One man army.

Wow! Props from a professional, I think that's more than most of us hoped for. I'm glad to see that someone from the industry commented on the Co8 forums, the expression of the community has always been known, but this is a rare occurrence for you to leave a message of "Good Job!" to the Co8 team. I wish more professionals would make a post if they had time, or send some form of letter or e-mail to recognize the Co8 team.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

7. adarius

adarius One man army.

That is freakin awesome! xD I stopped buying PC gamer when my comp stopped running the demos (somewhere in 2005). So I never saw this. Congrats on that, I'm sure it also brought a fair amount of lookers here.

Edit: Not only that, but you guys had scored a full page. Plus it was on page 100 of all the pages, SCORE!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  8. MonTy

MonTy Member

Hail all!

I also tried ToEE some time ago with great interest but could not continue due to bugs/etc. After finishing the game with your MOD I can't thank you enough for all the hard work this project must have took.

Besides the Baldur's Gate series, I am new to the D&D scene in general, so all of this is quite an experience. Although as a D&D noob I'm totally gimping my characters (sorry heros!), but non-the-less having fun in the process.

Now onto my second party... Time to relate more to myself and play an evil party ;)

Cheers and well met all. I look forward reading more of the forums.

-MonTy

9. Lizzbot

Lizzbot Member

Hey guys

After browsing your forums and stumbling upon this thread i felt very guilty !,
    as i have been enjoying TOEE with your CO8 mods for quite some time and
    your work here has made a huge difference and much more fun.
    Having gone through once before your mod and many times since its high
    time i thanked you guys for your hard work and time.
    As i waited with baited breathe for Keep on the Borderlands Ted :D and
    would offer to help if but i knew anything about modding which i dont lol

Thanks Again
    Steve

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Great. Now the hash is being re-hashed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  12. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Yes, Co8, thank you for the life skills you taught me. Seriously. Today, I was downloading and installing a playstation emulator and I would have never been able to do all the configurations and such without the knowledge I have gained here <3

13. Greylan

Greylan Established Member

Yeah, you guys rock. Because of the Gladiator armor on females, this game has high replayabilit. Thanks for that guys. :D

Our Host!