Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Jul 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I need some save games from ToEE for some testing. If you have the following:

- A save that is PAST the Hedrack encounter (so i can go down and access all the nodes easily)

- A save that has NOT used any NPC followers (Meleny, Elmo etc)

- A save that is based on 5.0.4 (any incarnation - doesn't have to be the latest one)

Then please send it to me at shiningted@yahoo.com

I will need the contents of the save folder and the contents of the players folder in the Atari / Temple of Elemental Evil / modules / co8 5.0.0 folder.

Folks who send me a save will be publically acknowledged as quite decent chaps.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you know if you start a new game and save it straight away you can get a save that hasn't used any NPCs all by yourself.

3. Spellman

Spellman Member

I used one NPC a bit before going to the temple... Does this totally disqualify me as a save game donor?

4. Shiningted

Clown. :chairshot I meant a save that satisfies all 3 criteria, not individual ones. Notice I said send 'it' to me, not send 'them'.
    Which one?

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm sure I have a save that fits all of your criteria, I just don't have access to it as it's on my desktop computer, some 40 miles away from where I'm currently staying, I might be able to get to it this weekend, then send it to you on the following Monday if that's any good.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Actually your post is quite ambiguious by the use of the term "If you have the following:" and the continued use of "- A save that". You need to state that the save satisfies all three criteria and/or remove the second occurances of "- A save that". "And" would also have been a good word to use in the circumstance to make it clear that you were referring to a single save. This site is an English site, just because you're an Australian (and therefore can't speak proper English) doesn't give you an excuse. Also remember that there are others for whom English isn't their native language so clarity in your requests is important.

7. Spellman

Spellman Member

The wizard, Burne. I would have mentioned before but I only now remembered his name...

8. Shiningted

That would be good, Spellman. Thanks, send it over :wave:

Al - whenever you are ready :)

9. Spellman

Spellman Member

I've send you the stuff, but just realized I had Thrommel in my party while I led him out... I hope the save game is still useful...

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

:dizzy: Confused me, too. But, keep on hitting Cujo if you like. :punch:

:icon_chuc

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've sent my save and characters too Ted, I think I may have taken Lareth back to Hommlet and let him get captured (and rescued) but otherwise no NPC's have been recruited, not even Thrommel who had to have a taste of my party's might and magic, Lareth told me to do it, and how could I refuse someone so beautiful. ;)

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

okay...meets all 3 of your criteria

uhm - What level do you want them to be? Right now, they are a party of five and each is level 14. I can bump'em on up to be trained at level 20 if you want.

Oh yah, they use default portraits, and the encounters to the 4th level are cleared, too. (Don't faint when you see their uberparty weapons and whatnot.)

[EDIT]
    @ShiningTed: I'm going watch the new Harry Potter movie tonight. I'll look for a reply from you when I get back from watching the movie. I'll email the files over to you [late] tonight.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  13. Shiningted

Ooooookaaaaayyyyyyy... I got Spellman's, Allyx's and one from someone with a silly name in the Tampa Bay area which I guessed was the Kap even before I saw this forum. :no:

Thanks to all three, these should be fine :wave: Someone can close this thread now if they like.

EDIT: Btw Krunch I didn't read this any earlier (or check my mail) because I was also out seeing the new Harry Potter - not to mention reading the new Harry Potter ;) The movie pruned a hell of a lot, to the point that I was damn glad I had read the book (and wifey was saying "I don't get it") but was still damn good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!