Iuz, killing it

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spellman, Jul 20, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spellman

Spellman Member

Has anybody killed this demi-god? I tried a couple of times for fun, but didn't have anything with which to lower its magic resistance, and nothing came of it...

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Some people have beat Iuz and St Cuthbert, but only before we released the 5.0.0 mod pack, they both got a serious upgrade in that patch, mostly because it shouldn't be possible for parties in ToEE to kill gods and demigods.

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Didn't Hazelnut manage to do it with gratuitous cheating? Or does that not count ;)

4. Spellman

Spellman Member

If you get caught :p

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

One thing to mention is that in the endslides there is one for you having defeated Iuz. In this case I think that we might need to look at balancing him to make it possible at a stupidly high level.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Oh, I could add in a separate encounter with the demigod of trickery and cruelty that could trigger the endslide, I've had that in the back of my mind for a long while now anyway.

7. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I have killed him with the 5.0.1 patch,, with Fragarach and juices up with stoneskins, and caster continuously healing and stone skinning me.. Without Fragarach it could not be done, because not only do you get your attacks, but everytime he attacks you,, you attack him back.. I havent tried it since 5.0.1,, has he been upgraded since then??

8. Spellman

Spellman Member

And it's the only weapon you can use to actually hit him without a critical hit or something very close to that... Interesting... I hadn't thought about that... I don't have Fragarach though, I just tried it a bit, and gave it back to Thrommel and led him out.

9. stormpoet76

stormpoet76 Member

tsk tsk guys.
    Frag and scather both hit iuz and I have killed him he is a pain in the ass.

I think most my party was lvl 10. and I think that Iuz should be more difficult to kill perhaps another 300 hp and add a death touch to his staff(wasnt it supposed to be like that anyways?)

oh and make sure that the party can still avoid death wth using death ward.

Oh and on balance Id suggest that the balor guardian in the fire node be redone to not be able to summon anothe balor. It is extremely hard to win that fight with the stupid charm bug on npc's

The bug is basically when the balor casts the charm spell on wicked, elmo or spugnoir they leave the party and decide to kill the party even AFTER dispeling them or break enchantment is cast on them. In its current form charming in toee is very screwy and shoudl be avoided.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That was recently fixed, afaik - are you using the latest version? I don't know if you can Dispel it, but you should be able to beat them unconscious and they will be ok when they wake up (if the charm has worn off).

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Then, you should be able to do a coupe de grace, right?

12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

MMhh...i killed him in the original, plain ToEE, with a ultra-mega-super buffered fighter with the frost brand (i love that weapon!) and a two-wielding sword cleric of Heironeous...but only once, i suposse it was a lots of lucky rolls...and if you kill him, there's and ending that says that "Iuz fears you" that makes your chest blows off of pure pride :D

13. Cyan Wisp

Cyan Wisp Member

Haven't tried in the mod game, but I just used Ghoul Touch, then Coup de grace to kill both St cuthbert and Iuz in the original.

They don't really have any good items, but the XP is amazing.

Our Host!