Suggestions for Alignment for Solo Character Party

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wazsa, Jan 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. wazsa

wazsa Member

Does anyone have suggestions for what Class and Allignment to make a solo character Party

For Example I tried the Chaotic Neutral party needs a Rogue to just get past the openning part of the game or your open lock skills just aren't high enough to find the map to get to Hommlet

For those of you who have tried Solo missions I would appreciate konwing what you used

Wazsa

2. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

I've always done a Chaotic Good Rogue 1 w/ the rest cleric of Kord. I take the Good and Luck domains so I can craft holy weapons on one hand and save my proverbial bacon on the other. There's no room for a failed save or die in a solo game so the Luck domain is great to have.

All the same I typically pick up Spugnoir for extra crafting and as a backup. I normally leave him a little behind though in order to get the "cohort" feel. You don't really need a wizard until level 5 or so anyway.

One thing I would say is don't go with lawful good or neutral. The first vignette could kill you if it goes badly.

Cheers,

Feyd

3. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

I've not really been happy with any solo characters. I feel the game is impossible without other NPCs going with you.
    Additionally, any character except the Rogues lack the ability to bring up all the needed interactions. Yet the ROgues are fairly weak in combat.
    Combo characters are good. I feel the only real way to go solo. Cleric mixes are good. I've done a few.
    I really do fine in the game without a spellcaster but don't do so well without a character that heals.
    A true solo character loses a lot of the value of the game: interacting with the NPCs.
    Running around with a few people in the possee is the way to go.
    I almost always choose CG or CN.
    Druids are surprisingly good characters. I decided to take Melany with my character, as he solo'd and she rose up to 12th level in no time. plus she had some kick ass spells. I think that a druid combo character would do fine solo.

4. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

My two coppers...

If you want to go with a solo Cleric mix, try Lawful Neutral. Most monsters are CE, and brigands are CN. Axiomatic weaponry will be a great boon, only "failing" you against undead (you're a cleric; TURN THEM!:p ) animals, and constructs. As well, the opening vignette won't get you killed.

Druids, though, should NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT AUGMENT SUMMONING. Playing solo, it WILL let Nature's Ally save your life, especially early on. That +4 is a bigger boost than most people realize. With that going for them, their array of other spells, and the fact that they make the best characters for Wonderous Items, a druid is a formidable force solo.

5. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

i'll have to try the druid like that.

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I found a solo monk worked well for me.

Our Host!