Craft Staff

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Feyd Rautha, Dec 11, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Hey all,

I was investigating the craft staff feat recently and was trying to decide whether it was for a cleric or a wizard. To my surprise and dismay, however, I discovered that it was not effective for either mainly due to the fact that the best staves (the elemental control staves) require "Charm Monster" which means one would have to be a Cleric 9/Wizard 9 in order to get all of the spells required for the staves... If this was intentional then so be it, but if not then perhaps a tweak to the next update would be in order so the staves become possible options for crafting?

FR

2. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Did I do something to get blacklisted about which I don't know? I've posted two questions on the forum with plenty of views, but no responses. Please let me know because whatever it was it was unintentional.

Sincerely,

Feyd Rautha

3. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Personally I didn't answer because I've never tested that feat. My characters usually finish the game by level 12 or so. :)

4. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Again I'm not sure, but I'd bet this is a case of something being RAW but on a practical level nearly unimplementable in ToEE (because more than one pc cannot participate in crafting an item at a time)--at least, not without giving a pc the requisite levels in both classes, which is pretty darn impractical--I know if I had an 18th level character, I'd want different level-ups in general!

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I generally refrain from posting in a thread asking a question if I do not know the answer. I believe most of the other modders do the same. You have had no responses so far not because you are black listed, but because the person who knows the answer (if said person exists) has not seen the thread yet.

I'm with smg225 though. I believe the staff crafting requirements are indeed RAW.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm confused... are u saying u have to be 9th lvl in EACH? Or are u asking that? Because to b 9th lvl to craft a powerful staff doesn't strike me as all that disappropriate.

At moments like this, u probably need Lord Plothos' Crafting guide:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_tips.php

which has the following interesting comment to make:
    How relevant (ie up-to-date) this is, I have absolutely no idea. KotB at last count had some 16 staves in it, but I have no idea if any or all (or none) of them are craftable.

Btw, he may not have been sent to Coventry, but seriously, someone could have pointed him in the direction of the Crafting Guide. I mean sheesh, we are here to help.

7. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I concur that it must just be RAW which causes unfortunate problems in the game.

Re: Shiningted

I was incorrect. You only have to be a 7th level wizard and a 9th level cleric (or 7th level druid). Charm Monster has been added to the requirements for the crafting of the elemental control staves and there is no access to that spell other than through being a 7th level wizard. For most of the clerical side of the spells you have to also have 9th level in cleric and so there's no way around having both and waiting until 16th level (if you can even take the feat at that point! :(

Thanks for the info folks. Sorry if you feel I overreacted, but as this is the only place for support for this game (one of my faves) I don't want to alienate the populace and can be a little paranoid. :)

Cheers,

FR

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
Our Host!