Jesse's new spells thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Jesse Heinig, Aug 26, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

Yay! :)
    Welcome back Jesse and thanks again for the rgr/pal spells update.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Jesse -

I noticed while testing Mass Hold Monster that I was able to hold humanoids (PCs) with the spell. Is that supposed to be so?

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Yes. Hold Person only holds humanoids. Hold Monster holds humanoids and non-humanoids alike. Mass Hold Monster will as well.

4. Gaear

Thanks, CtB1. Also noticed: spell graphics for Mass Hold Person don't go away after the spell expires, victim dies, etc.

5. Graphil

Graphil Member

5.0.2 + v16 dll.
    I can confirm that Heroes feast is not being applied to all the PCs it is cast on.
    Also the fear immunity is not working since the ones that are getting effected by the spell run away from the balor in fear.

6. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

I don't know that I can do anything about that in script. The script simply applies an effect and a duration; it's up to the engine to remove it.

I know about this problem but I'm not yet sure of how to address it. Basically, the Heroes' Feast script runs through all of the targets and attempts to apply a series of effects. Unfortunately it looks like it's overloading the engine or something, because it simply fails to stick on some characters. Might be able to investigate causes and solutions more when winter break comes up next month . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  7. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

Happy holiday feasting, everybody!

I believe I have fixed the problem in Heroes' Feast. I tested it just a little while ago and it was working for my whole party. (Might still have issues if you have a party of 5 PC + 3 NPC or some other large combo, I don't know yet.)

In brief, I changed some of the looping and removed the code for using the spell on unwilling targets - the latter seems nonsensical anyhow, because an "unwilling target" would generally be someone with whom you're in combat, and you can't cast the spell in combat anyway. Besides which, who wouldn't want all of the rad buffs from the spell?

Anyway, without further ado, enjoy the corrected and updated Heroes' Feast script. To use this, just uncompress it and put it in your data/scr folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  8. Gaear

Sounds groovey, Jesse. :thumbsup:

Now if we could only create a scenario where players could actually use these high level spells . . . ;)

Our Host!