Newb Question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DrakeEB, Nov 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DrakeEB

DrakeEB Member

How do i turn off the electric trap on the 4th level of the temple? I already killed Hedrack and want to leave and sell some stuff.

Do i need to put something in it to turn it off? I tried to disable it, ect.

2. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

I take it you joined one of the temples and were taken down to the Greater Temple? If so yes you have to turn off the trap, or just use teleport to get outta there, but you will still have to disable the trap to get back to the nodes.

3. DrakeEB

DrakeEB Member

Never joined one of the temples. I just used the throne room entrance to get to Hedrack after i got the orb from Falrinth's room.

Also, there is no way to disable it. There's the two control boxes on each side. I'm wondering if i have to put something in them to turn it off.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you need a PC rogue of high enough level to disable it, or the password, which can bee beaten out of some one.

5. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

That's what the pure rogue in your party is for. This trap has a minimum rogue level to disarm as opposed to using the standard disable device skill points vs. DC of the trap.

TOEE was a first edition AD&D module, and in the old school AD&D things like this came up from time to time. It was a part of that games charm. :yes:

6. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Speaking of AD&D first edition, I remember (it was more than twenty years ago) there was a 2nd level cleric spell called 'know alignement'. I didn't see it implemented in ToEE, does the spell still exist in 3.5 rules ? In ToEE, do your PC have a mean to know NPC alignements ?

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

There are various 1st level spells, detect good, evil, law and chaos, you could cast all 4 one at a time, and see which ones you get sparklies from, IIRC you have to cast the detect spell then change maps to make them work outside of combat though.

8. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Thanks, I'll try that.

What about the original spell from AD&D, still in 3.5 rules ?

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Nope, Know alignment seens to have been dropped in the changeover from 2nd ed D&D (I remember it was in 2nd ed) to 3.x

10. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

Well, too bad. Just have to use the 4 detect & change map trick then ... thanks.

Our Host!