Evil party preludice? whaaa?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sokaijin, Aug 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

I normally don't play evil parties anymore, but wanted to see all ToEE had to offer. So, I started a LE party today. It seems that there are some things very different. Mostly minor stuff, like barrels in Hommlet that are gone now etc... One major thing has begun to annoy me. Specifically the ombies on the second level of the moathouse seem to be immune to rebuking, completely. My level 2 cleric of Hextor cannot effect a single one of them. I've never had a problem turning them, but they are simply unaffected by rebuke. Even several attempts yielded nothing. Is this normal, or a glitch? Could I have somehow offended Hextor, and now he is punishing me in this manner? Help

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The barrels are randomly generated and placed at the beginning of the game. That has nothing to do with party alignment.

As for the rebuking, you are most likely being a victim of the random number generator, or your good cleric had improved turning either chosen as a feat or due to his Deity choice. Zombies are very difficult to successfully turn or rebuke at second level.

3. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

Thanx Blue. I was really hoping it would be something besides the rng or cleric ability. I'm glad, also, that things seem to be normal with my game. I guess I never noticed the barrels before my previous LG party used them.

4. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

oddly enough I don't use the turn option that often. With the sun domain I can blast them out of existance. Most of the time however I just eliminate undead like zombies, skeletons, ghouls, or other corporeal undead through melee. Although I'm not likely to play an evil party I would think they did make this game more difficult for evil parties to get anywhere. They have to face off with the good aligned foes just as often as the evil ones.
    Good luck to you.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Ain't that the truth...yah, dadgummed tootin' skippy!..

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

My main problem with the whole undead turning in ToEE is that the toughest undead in the game are Shadows, as Bodak's can't be turned/rebuked easily.

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Well, things like ghouls and ghasts are harder to turn than they used to be, as I got creative with their hitdice to represent their turn resistance. But they're still not super tough or anything.

Our Host!