I have traipsed, I have swamped and I have wasted two GAME WEEKS on hardcore mode

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by slategrey252, Jan 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. slategrey252

slategrey252 Member

Re: Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

I have traipsed, I have swamped and I have wasted two GAME WEEKS on hardcore mode, no bloody lotus flower. Excuse my dwarfish.

I have had the SAME random swamp encounter map every time for swamp encounters, and I´ve searched all of em. Nothing nada nix.

I´m assuming I´ve done something wrong somewhere along the line. From a reading of this thread and various hints I´m assuming I´ve chosen a wrong dialogue option with somebodys mother?

Help or an item code please. Enchantress ready to top the child herself.

2. slategrey252

slategrey252 Member

Started a new game with same chars. Took the parcel post option. First swamp encounter the enchantress stumbles over the weed. Looks like the brat will survive

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Naah, Slategrey- you haven't done anything wrong.

There is NO dialogue option you could have messed up on this one-- once you get the Cure for Amii quest, it is only a matter of finding (or not finding) the Lotus Fox in time.

Two things might be the problem-

1. You have run out of time- see if your quest is "red" and therefore failed- little Amii will not be with Jaroo anymore, since she is dead. I believe there is NO chance of finding the flower if you have run out of time/failed the quest.

2. (assumes Amii is still alive and quest is still pending) You may have already missed the flower in one of your earlier swamp encounters- do you have a save game from RIGHT after talking to Jaroo about finding the Lotus Fox-but before doing ANY adventuring? If so, I'd go back to that save and redo the game from there- if not, and you don't have significant time invested in the game, go back to a save right BEFORE getting the quest, then save again right after recieving it.

Again, just travel between Emriddy Fields, Homlett, and the Moathouse until you get a random encounter in the Swampy area, then check the NW by W part of the swamp map after defeating the random baddies. And remember also, with co8 4.0.0, according to Cerulean Blue, there are TWO different swamp random encounter areas, and only ONE of them has the flower, and so therefore only a 50% chance that you will EVER find the blasted plant! That is why I suggest a save right after getting the quest, that will allow you to save the little girl for sure in the long run!

Our Host!